FlashFood

I recently cleaned my laptop's files up a bit and wanted to get Rock Raiders back to where I could play it again. I went through the steps to run the game with dgVoodoo 2, and the game was back up and running. I did however have some questions that I couldn't find an immediate answer for (after a 5 or 10 minute search through the forums, I at least tried to find a solution).

Is it possible to run the game "full screen" with dgVoodoo without going through steps such as those found in this guide by Das Glückskekschen? I noticed that running the game in the full 1920 x 1080 on my monitor (which is my primary display) makes a considerable amount of input lag for things like making selections or moving the mouse around. Its not the end of the world to have to play in the default resolution if there isn't a work around

I noticed that in this troubleshooting post it was mentioned that you need to have the game disk inserted for the game's soundtrack to be playing. Is there any way to get around this besides playing YouTube in the background or using an external optics drive?

I noticed a graphical glitch that was occurring when I started playing the game that I would best describe as  screen tearing. Hovering over the buildings or vehicle tabs caused the screen to go black and any RR names, health bars, or anything like that would duplicate and slide across the screen. This also occurred when I would select a raider and move across the map, even as far as the first walls in Driller Night! would make the tearing start. Other things that occur are the HUD disappearing, a single "shot" of the screen staying static while trying to move around the map. I can share screenshots of this if I can figure out how to take some, or even how to record the game with OBS. The only settings I've changed are the ones recommended in the guide I linked at the top.

If I am able to get the game running smoothly, does anyone have any mod recommendations? I'm going to use Cyrem's improvement pack and check out things Baz's mod, but would love some suggestions!

Windows 10, an Nvidia GTX 970 with an integrated Intel HD 530 that should be running RR since its the global default

• 5 weeks later...
Das Glückskekschen

" Is it possible to run the game "full screen" with dgVoodoo without going through steps such as those found in this guide by Das Glückskekschen? "

What dou You think why I coded that fix? :)

" Is there any way to get around this besides playing YouTube in the background or using an external optics drive? "

Try to copy the music files on your Laptop and play it with a music-player or burn the cd as an ISO image on your hard drive and mount it (double click on the ISO).

" If I am able to get the game running smoothly... "

The game is optimized for Windows 98 and not Windows 10. It woud be a dream to run the game smoothly and with no lags on Windows 10.

On 3/26/2018 at 5:05 AM, Rovert said:

Windows 10

eeeeyup that's your problem, leading to things like this

makes a considerable amount of input lag for things like making selections or moving the mouse around.

a graphical glitch

like that would duplicate and slide across the screen

On my Win10 it's better, but I get a max of roughly 5 FPS on the best conditions I can throw at it. Some people have Win10 machines that run it fine, other people have Win10 machines that run it decently, and then sometimes it just breaks. Despite our best efforts, we haven't really found any way that works for everyone.

We do know that LRR doesn't like AMD cards, but you seem to be fine for that regard.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.