Map Editing Oddities

ShadowDraikana

• Administrators
ShadowDraikana

After being encouraged by Cirevam, I've decided to make a topic for reporting weird map editing issues.  

To kick things off here's one issue that I get consistently:

So in sharkly's map The Nightmare Begins, I had an issue with adding objects into a cave because they'd show up as rubble instead.  When taking screenshots for this topic, the objects showed up fine this time around but something else jumped out at me (which may have been what was actually happening).  

?do=download

So the object I added is to the left of the circled squares.  The squares I highlighted end up as walls that collapse once that hard rock wall is blasted away.

?do=download

That shouldn't be happening.  

Here's another example from Driller Night:

?do=download

?do=download

If you drill a different wall, the lava monster I circled in the map creator screenshot is replaced by rubble.  

Before someone asks, no, the landslide indicator was for somewhere else.  

---------------

The other issue I noticed was an absolutely bizarre map glitch in Baz's rendition of Frozen Frenzy.  Specifically one wall suffers from the infamous "pothole" and attempting to fix it doesn't seem to affect it.  But what I did see was that the surf map seemed to generate dirt walls from absolutely nowhere when I tried removing solid rock walls (hoping this would help fix the issue).  I'll update this topic with screenshots of the pothole and what happened when editing the surf map.

Edited by Slimy Slug
Proper embedding for images

lol username

Yeah, they worked when the topic was first posted but now they don't. I'd recommend using an image host like imgur or RRU's own gallery, rather than embedding Discord uploads.

• Administrators
ShadowDraikana

Oh crap I'm sorry about this guys.  The images were deleted on Discord, which is why they went poof here.  I chucked those images in here for the time being while I was reorganizing my stuff, but now I need to add these back in.  Again, my apologies.  

EDIT: Done.  

• 10 months later...

I've bumped into this issue in one of my maps. Granted, I'm running Time Raiders, but that shouldn't make a difference to the way the game handles objects!

I got a side-by-side screenshot of where this is. The purple line shows that what was a CWARRIOR (Crystal Warrior ==> very hard-to-kill Ice Monster) has been turned into a demolished wall when that cavern was opened (not just rubble: I saw it demolish like a wall would). But all (? - at least most!) of the other Crystal Warriors work correctly. For instance, just up and to the right a bit is another ? ( ==> object), Crystal Warrior, that works perfectly.

It's a bit hard to see, but because I've selected the purple tile you can see it's rubble (there's no option to Build Power Path, because it's rubble).

large.LRRsilliness.png.112e8ed31161de3085a99b704d38cc32.png

I know that paths in hidden caverns will cause the heightmap to go beserk unpredictably: perhaps something similar is going on here?

EDIT: So the Dirt tile to the left of the purple tile (you can see it in Map Creator) also insta-demolishes itself when I drill the wall below it. :S Except there's not even a hidden object there!

• Confused 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.