Problem with adding new power-ups

piotr_garschin

piotr_garschin

Hey, I read @RobExplorien's tutorial about adding new power-ups to LR but I have some problem. When I increased the amount of bricks (about 80 colour and 50 white) then some weird things happen. White bricks are visible but uncollectable and when I shoot some opponent with a cannon ball, it doesn't stop him... Is there any brick limit to add? I was watching the code in binary editor and it seemed correct...

piotr_garschin

Oops. If I started a topic which already was on this forum then sorry... Could you give me the link to this post?

7 hours ago, legoracerlover said:

There was a post about the game not doing well after adding too many power ups

Ahah! My post!

It's an issue. No solution has been found, except reduce the number of powerups. It's not map-wide - sometimes they work, sometimes they don't - but it would be better to say "some places they do, some places they don't."

legoracerlover
On 3/20/2018 at 5:35 AM, piotr_garschin said:

Very sad... I had an idea for a mod but forget it :)

On 3/20/2018 at 4:55 AM, aidenpons said:

Ahah! My post!

It's an issue. No solution has been found, except reduce the number of powerups. It's not map-wide - sometimes they work, sometimes they don't - but it would be better to say "some places they do, some places they don't."

What i really want is to be able to modify and create new Ai paths to make game harder and also modify the way Ai decide to use power ups,so for example every Ai will fire a cannon upon having someone in front with no delay,for example basil the batlord's only thing keeping him from being the most difficult boss is the fact that he never uses cannons against anyone,if he did he would probably be considered the hardest.

piotr_garschin

We actually can edit the delay of using powerups by AI. We can also change the number of white bricks they need to use a power-up. It's in GEMADATA-COMMON-DRIVERS.DDB file. Every driver has two values of using the powerups. For example, Rocket Racer has 3,3 - I don't really know how it works but when you change 3 to 2 he will, for example, use green brick with 2 whites (normally, he needs 3 white bricks).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.