Unopened 15-year-old sets

J Reggie

So I just found three unopened Orient Expedition sets that my mom must have bought as presents when I was a kid and never given me. Two of them (7412 and 7413) are in near mint condition, with the third (7424) being a little worse for wear. I have no idea the significance of these sets, and I'm wondering if it's a mistake to open them. Just thought I'd ask here before I potentially lose out on a collectible item. Does anyone know about the rarity of the Adventurers line? Worst case scenario is they're essentially worthless and I get to finally play with them, best case scenario I might make a little money if I decide to sell them. Either way, this is a pretty cool find for me. 

You could probably make about $90 selling those sets on the most popular site for used items that begins with E. at the current time. 7412 = $50, 7413 = $30, and 7413 = $10. If you like the sets I'd recommend just selling them, and then buying them again, only used. More cash to spend on more Lego that way. :thumbsup:

Damn, great finds, I'd love to discover old sets never given to me. I did manage to find new sets not yet given to me when I was little in the form of the original Bionicles Tahu and Pohatu, which I still have today.

Where did you find them?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.