Could you explain me something about AI voices?

piotr_garschin

piotr_garschin

Hey, recently I found on RRU a thread with this file:

http://oresome.rockraidersunited.com/download/468

Unfortunately, somehow I can't find this thread now and I don't remember who was an author of this mod. I tested it and it works correctly and AI opponents speak their correct voices. In another thread from 2011 you said that fixing AI voices is impossible but this guy actually did it (but I don't remember the date of his thread - could you help me find a link to whole discussion about this mod? I searched all forum and didn't find). Except voices he also changed design of some AI drivers and he added a little cheat for Rocket Racer which makes him much harder opponent (at the beginning of the race he uses green + 2 white bricks and then just warps). Sorry if I repeat an old thread but I really don't know how the progress in fixing the voices looks like. Is this mod approved by the other users as correct version of fixed voices? I ask because all this time I thought that this problem isn't solved yet...

grappigegovert

The thread you were referring to which stated that fixing the voices is impossible is this one:

And the link you posted of the mod can be found here:

piotr_garschin

Thanks. Wow, 6 years is really enough to figure out the solution :). I think that @Car CrazeXVI's mod is great. But I don't understand why he changed Rocket Racer's brick using.

legoracerlover

I think i posted a comment a few ago about what is basil the batlords real voice,but i always considered the voice he has on the n64 to be the most badass and more fit in than any other version,it really fits him well,sounds evilish and alot like his character.

piotr_garschin

In PC version he used Alpha Dragonis voice and all this time I was thinking that this voice was his own. Actually It fits him. I didn't even know that this is Alpha's one.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.