Stunt Rally DVD-ROM With HQ Videos

ZANTHERA

Mr. Skeltal

Instead of making an HD version, could you just make an ISO of the disc using imgburn? I'd like to have the disc in raw.

lol username
15 minutes ago, Mr. Skeltal said:

Instead of making an HD version, could you just make an ISO of the disc using imgburn? I'd like to have the disc in raw.

Someone else already did that elsewhere on the internet, as mentioned on the last page. Can't link to it here though, per RRU's rules.

4 hours ago, Mr. Skeltal said:

There isn't really much to miss if I were to make the videos HD, the intro needs color correction and interlace field correction and each frame will be individually upscaled with a much more capable upscale method than Vegas can offer to give out all the picture quality in a video that will not be as badly compressed if it were uploaded as is. When I tried using the built in upscalers in Vegas there were lines in the video as if each field were upscaled individually and then deinterlaced. If I were to upload it as is it would automatically be converted to 480 vertical as opposed to it's native 576 vertical, which in turn would give it the compression of 480 video and make it much lower quality than the source.

I've tried doing all the editing in Vegas but many sections require work that video editors I'm able to use aren't capable of, plus I'd have to redo all my color correction tests which with Vegas' tools aren't as accurate as what I can do in a dedicated image editing program.

The audio, while better quality, did also need fixing as it was very quiet and very hissy, I have finished work on it making it considerably better than it is untouched on the DVD.

Also using imgburn to make an ISO really isn't necessary, each individual video can be converted without loss into separate files, which is what I've done with my disc.

I may have to see about fixing the other videos on there as there are also some interlacing issues with the "behind the scenes" video too. I'm not sure what the hell happened for the DVD to be encoded in such a wonky order but at least the quality of each clip is close to the max a DVD can output.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.