Stunt Rally DVD-ROM With HQ Videos

ZANTHERA

lol username

Whoa what?? Amazing this has gone unheard of for so long. If you could upload the videos to YouTube that'd be awesome.

• lol username featured this topic
2 minutes ago, Terrev said:

Whoa what?? Amazing this has gone unheard of for so long. If you could upload the videos to YouTube that'd be awesome.

I'm not sure if I can as I would not want to jeopardise my channel if they were flagged for copyright and I got a strike.

lol username
2 minutes ago, ZANTHERA said:

I'm not sure if I can as I would not want to jeopardise my channel if they were flagged for copyright and I got a strike.

LEGO ain't gonna care. People have been uploading videos from LEGO game and software discs for nearly as long as YouTube's existed.

2 minutes ago, Terrev said:

LEGO ain't gonna care. People have been uploading videos from LEGO game and software discs for nearly as long as YouTube's existed.

I'll give it a go, but I'm kind of thinking of a scenario like what happened with the Rocket Racers queue line videos that were taken down.

lol username
2 minutes ago, ZANTHERA said:

I'll give it a go, but I'm kind of thinking of a scenario like what happened with the Rocket Racers queue line videos that were taken down.

LEGOLAND != LEGO.

LEGOLAND is fussy about such things. LEGO couldn't care less.

11 minutes ago, Terrev said:

LEGOLAND != LEGO.

LEGOLAND is fussy about such things. LEGO couldn't care less.

Alright, I'll make it into a 1080p video so it not as badly compressed as it would be if uploaded as is.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Terrev said:

I guess this also raises the question of this was a thing for other LEGO games at the time.

Hmmmm.

I was thinking that too, I'd love to see a version of LEGO Racers like this too but I have a feeling they either only started doing this or did it exclusively with Stunt Rally.

If you are concerned about the videos coming down, I'll gladly upload them. I have archives of other stuff on there so it'll be fine with me.

16 hours ago, le717 said:

If you are concerned about the videos coming down, I'll gladly upload them. I have archives of other stuff on there so it'll be fine with me.

It's okay, thanks for the offer but the intro needs repairing as they tried to put a 25fps video on a DVD that outputs at 50i and it messed up some frames.

It keeps jumping from progressive to interlaced and there are some points in scenes where the fields were encoded in the wrong order, I've had to separate each field and rebuild the frames from the extracted upper and lower fields where the order messed up.

There are also some sections that bob up and down due to problems with the interlacing, so I'm going to make it a whole thing where I'll repair and rebuild the intro and color correct it to remove the green and upload it myself.

I've discovered that the end of the intro is slightly different to the one on start up. The rocket power up that Brad Speedo picks up is closer to the camera, so further away from him, and the crane that drops the power up is missing pieces from the model at the top of it and positioned differently.

These pictures also demonstrate the absolutely huge difference in quality between the two, I'm really looking forward to working on the intro and make it framed just like the start up version. Also I know it's been said that LEGO tend not to care about the older stuff but I decided to email them and ask them for permission to upload it to avoid any possible strikes on my channel.

QRU5xEI.png

OFGavcx.png

xpYzrRJ.png

K2elHop.png

• Like 3

lol username
1 hour ago, ZANTHERA said:

Also I know it's been said that LEGO tend not to care about the older stuff but I decided to email them and ask them for permission to upload it to avoid any possible strikes on my channel.

There's a very good chance you'll get a generic copy-pasted non-answer reply about the fair play policy and blah blah blah. For example, something like:

If you'd still like to pursue the possibility, read the LEGO® Fair Play policy to find out more:
http://aboutus.lego.com/legal-notice/fair-play

Unfortunately, we can’t offer any legal advice on the use of LEGO brand names, trademarks and products. If you’re still in doubt, we recommend you ask a lawyer qualified in intellectual property law before you make conclusive decisions. Our experience over the years has shown that we need to monitor and regulate the commercial use of our trademarks carefully. We reserve all rights to take whatever action we deem appropriate based on things that we see in the market at any given time.

Also, someone from the Bionicle community (not a member here) just ordered a copy of this yesterday and said they'll be uploading it somewhere.

30 minutes ago, Terrev said:

There's a very good chance you'll get a generic copy-pasted non-answer reply about the fair play policy and blah blah blah. For example, something like:

Also, someone from the Bionicle community (not a member here) just ordered a copy of this yesterday and said they'll be uploading it somewhere.

Oh right where did they manage to find a copy? I didn't see any others on eBay. I don't mind uploading the contents of the disc but the intro does need fixing as I've said there is a lot wrong with it.

Also I have played the game all the way through and have not been able to identify any differences despite this being a build not documented before.

Do you mean Stunt Rally? I'm looking on the sold items of eBay Germany and there are no copies of Stunt Rally recently sold.

There is 3.29 GB worth of data on the disc so it will take me a while to upload it, I've not got the best internet connection.

lol username

https://www.ebay.de/itm/DVD-LEGO-stunt-rally-AGES-6-99/273101461818

Also note full game rips aren't allowed to be linked to on RRU (yet?); we've made exceptions for a few unusual cases (LU, TLoMN) and we've been considering expanding that to other rare/unreleased games/versions of them, but no decision has been made about this version of Stunt Rally or some other things yet (the LEGO Island 2 PS1 beta for example).

Oh right my fault, it had the little bar at the top set to GB, I see it now. They managed to get it for a Euro, nice, I had to pay £7.50 for mine but the guy listed it for £9.99 or best offer so he accepted my offer thankfully.

On 3/12/2018 at 4:24 PM, Terrev said:

You were right, I thought maybe I had written it so it wouldn't classify for a copy paste email, I got that exact email from them back.

There is no need to contact LEGO for legal advice, they won't answer you.

They will contact you directly if they deem that you "hurt their brand". 

Well I suppose as others have said and I've been told, LEGO don't really care about the old games any more, they don't make any money off Stunt Rally any more so I doubt they'd be at all bothered by the games intro being uploaded.

lol username

BTW, the other person got their disc, uploaded it, and put a link in the same Discord server where people have been fixing TLoMN. We can't link to it on RRU or RRU's Discord server, but folks in the RRU Discord server have found it and are already discussing and poking through it.

I have got the audio side of the intro tidied up a bit and am starting to work on the video itself, some of which needs to have the interlaced fields manually separated and rebuilt with the correct fields. Since I have to do all this to fix it I'll go all out and try to make it as good as possible, which is why I took a look at the audio and cleaned it up a bit.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.