Working AI in Battle mode?

ReflectedMantis

ReflectedMantis

Maybe this is a long shot (not as big of one as multiple AI Paths for races and LR2 online, but it is probably up there :P), but is it possible to go about making working AI for battle mode? 

Normally to play battle mode you need to be in two player mode, just like battle modes for most older racing games. Both players are human, and there is no option for AI. I think we can change that. I can already make an 8 player battle by changing the player number value in cheat engine, and the game will actually make sure there is only one player left in order to finish. They even all have their own spawn points! We just really have to figure out how to make that permanent, and how to add a path for all the AI to take once the battle starts. (or if we did figure out how to add online functionality, we could just do it with that!)  

I remember having AI battle modes but the only person that could move was the player even on multiplayer. If a solution can be solved by this topic here then I'd say go for it :)

ReflectedMantis

That's basically the most that can happen. Using cheat engine you can just set the player number value to 8 and all 8 players will spawn. What I think the weirdest part about it is they all have their own spawnpoint (At least, they do on Sandy Bay), meaning, theoretically, they may have started to implement it to singleplayer, but never actually finished it. That's why I think it could be possible to give the AI a path to follow in each world.

I also discovered something else. Although the other players are controlled by the computer, when I pushed one of them into an item box, it never actually used the item. When I used a cloak, I saw that he had a cloak as well (AI always use their cloak instantly). Same with the bottom player when I turned him into and AI (He got a drill). I don't know if this has anything to do with it not following a path or if it has something to do with it being in a mode in which AI are usually not in, in which case we would have to figure out how to give the AI the ability to use items in Battle mode.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.