Game modification and balancing

G3NC

Hi All,

I always liked to play Drome Racers it is one of my favorite classic games. But I also know that the game has some flaws and balancing issues and I'm trying to fix that I already modified Developer.cfg to balance the cars while still retaining their characteristics.

Since now I managed to:

-make handling a bit better (general fix)

-modify all road cars to make them balanced and a bit faster

-Repaired the god awful handling of Raptor

I'm looking also to modify the values and weapon damage etc. but I still have no clue how.

Anyone here that can point me to the right direction?

Since I'm new to this forum I still hace trouble figuring out how to upload my Developer.cfg so you can see it as well.

11 minutes ago, G3NC said:

-Repaired the god awful handling of Raptor

Ah, but can you fix the Crusher Beach? :P 

11 minutes ago, G3NC said:

Since I'm new to this forum I still hace trouble figuring out how to upload my Developer.cfg so you can see it as well.

Since it's only text, I'd just slap it on pastebin.com or something.

If the weapon damage and such isn't in the cfg, I'd suspect it's hardcoded, but I don't know for sure. I'll look into it later if I have the time.

15 minutes ago, Terrev said:

Ah, but can you fix the Crusher Beach? :P 

Since it's only text, I'd just slap it on pastebin.com or something.

Thank you for your help Terrev
Below is the link to developer cfg:

I made a general fix on handling on all vehicles Crusher Beach is playable and now a good vehicle in my opinion it still has a little handling problem but I left it there because I do not want any vehicle to be overpowered.

6 hours ago, G3NC said:
I made a general fix on handling on all vehicles

So does this mean if I were to modify the drag track to a non drag track (some how) then would we be able to race around in the drag cars? I always seemed to have an interest in the Mosquitoe

9 hours ago, Sunchipp said:

So does this mean if I were to modify the drag track to a non drag track (some how) then would we be able to race around in the drag cars? I always seemed to have an interest in the Mosquitoe

I don't know,when I try to force the drag race vehicle onto a normal race track for some reason the vehicle flies up. I will try and rectify that problem as well.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.