SurUnAirLatino

SurUnAirLatino

Hi, so this is my first post and I hope this question hasn't been asked before (I searched but could not find anything), and I hope I4m in the right Topic, if not : I apologize already.

So basicaly I want to play Lego Rock Raiders again, on my Windows 10 setup or the emulated Windows XP that I have through virtual box. Problem is : my computer does not have a CD reader... How can I get to play LRR ? is there a solution you could think of ? 

Thank you in advance for any help I could get ! 

There are discless versions of LRR. You can tell if yours is discless because the LegoRR.exe file will be 720 kb and the LegoRR.icd file is 0 kb. If it's the other way around, your game has copy protection and will need to have the disc inserted to play. My discless copy is dated September 27th, 1999.

As for installing it the first time... you will have to find a computer with a CD drive, install it there, then copy LRR's installation directory to another location. The game runs from a flash drive so don't worry about "installing" it on your main computer. You could also buy a USB CD drive. They're pretty cheap.

SurUnAirLatino

thanks, I got to put the CD in a macbook pro I had around thinking it'll never work in any ways, but actually i got to copy the stuff from the cd on a usb key and put it on my main computer (Win 10), so I ran the setup.exe on my main computer and on my Virtualbox Win xp following Jimbobjeffers' tutorial... but it didn't work ahah... 

SurUnAirLatino

I finally managed to make it work, thank you all so much, I've been playing for 5 hours straight ahah... so many fond memories came back. Thanks for the patience and the guidance of the people who run this forum and participate on the threads ! Love y'all

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.