An unexpected circuit race loss

dy_enforcer

I do not know if you guys know this, but in all my years of playing LEGO racers. I NEVER once in my life thought that if you are in 4th, 5th or 6th in the first circuit race on whatever circuit you are in, you lose instantly. Here a video to prove it. First time he race, he's in 4th place and lost straight away.

Even I do not know about this mechanic, First time I played, I got either 1st, 2nd or 3rd and advance to the next race.

I tried this to force myself to last and I got a lose right away.

EDIT: But that's not the case, there more.

2nd try: This time I got win 1st on the 1st race and I go last on the 2nd. I got 31 points overall. I advance to the 3rd race because I'm in 2nd place. I go last again and got 32 points.  I still advance and then after the final race, I go last again, and finally got the lose cutscene on the final race. 

3rd try: Same procedure, but this time I go 2nd on my first race. Finish last on the 2nd race, overall 21 points, I still advance because I'm in 3rd place overall. After my 3rd race went to 6th. Got 22 points and finally went 4th overall. I got an instant lose cutscene.

4th try: Got 3rd placed on the 1st race and last on the 2nd. Overall 11 points, I got an instant lose cutscene on the 2nd circuit race.

In conclusion: If you are in 4th, 5th or 6th place overall depending on what race track you are in, you lost instantly.

What's even interesting is if I say put a circuit boss in either 4th or 5th or 6th on any track that was sequenced, he/she(Talking to you Gypsy Moth) still advance to the next race, same can be said for the AI racers as well. Possibly because they are programmed to be challenged by the player I guess. :af:

Has anyone ever experienced being in 4th, 5th or 6th in the first circuit race? I sure don't. Never in my life have ever known this mechanic before.

Note to self: ALWAYS READ THE MANUAL!

Lego racers manual from page. 18

To continue the Circuit Race, you will need at least 10 points after the first race, 20 points after the second race, and 30 points after the third race. If you have fewer points at the end of each race, the Circuit Race will end and you will have to start the circuit again. To be the overall winner of a Circuit Race, you must finish the circuit with the most points.

• Like 2

I recall we encountered it once when we were newbs back in the day, and I've also sometimes encountered it in modded powerup tracks when I'm playing not to win but to shoot as many AI with cannonballs as possible.

15 hours ago, aidenpons said:

shoot as many AI with cannonballs as possible

Lol yeah I remember doing that all the time. I used to only have the demo of this game so I could only play Imperial Grand Prix over and over again. Just racing on the same map over and over got boring so I remember trying to prevent racers from finishing for as long as I could by using the items.

Spoiler

1VCKYXK.pngFrom the title, I expected this.

5 hours ago, Yajmo said:

Lol yeah I remember doing that all the time. I used to only have the demo of this game so I could only play Imperial Grand Prix over and over again. Just racing on the same map over and over got boring so I remember trying to prevent racers from finishing for as long as I could by using the items.

Doing so gets ten times more fun when you've modded the map to contain basically no green bricks, very few shielding, uncommon whites, and TRUCKLOADS of reds :D

Average lap time is slightly less than a minute large.OldTonguePNG_transparent.png.299864b6559440630e29f111b85cffe2.png It's how I keep myself amused in LR, given that it's impossible to make the game difficult (cheating AI, yes, difficult... not really. Warp is still OP pls nerf).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.