Sign in to follow this  
Brickoum

General Bionicle: Legend of Mata Nui files

Serwithed

well excuse me for a bit, I have a train to catch.

images.jpeg

• Haha 1

Cirevam

Snap me down! This is THE lost Bionicle game, and it runs! Prepare your Kanohis of Hype, lads!

large.MaskOfShielding.png.2e1911c3b6609f

Models are .x, textures are TGA and DDS and include bump maps. Animations are BHD and BKD files. I don't know what those are.

Which programs open .x or import them? Is there a Blender plugin? My workaround right now is ridiculously clunky. Milkshape can import BLOMN's .x files. For those who have Milkshape, look under Tools -> DirectX Mesh Tools. Not Import for some reason... it imports too many textures, unfortunately, but it does retain UV data. There is a DirectX 8.0 export plugin as well (under Export this time). I will see if I can get a custom model into the game.

• Like 2

JrMasterModelBuilder

Technically the first MOD I guess:

Higher-poly Onua, like in DeepBricks's copy

S5WBXnNm.jpg

(sorry about the poor image, I had to take it with my phone, but you can see the shoulder sockets are rounded)

Under:

Data/characters/onua/Xs

Replace:

onua.bhd
onua.x

With:

onua_old.bhd
onua_old.x

So far, there do not appear to be any negative side-effects from doing this, but I recommend making a backup of the files you overwrite anyhow.

Credit to Vahkiti for finding the higher-res model, which I tried to swap.

--------------------------

More fun with model swapping:

--------------------------

BTW: There has been some discussion going on in this Discord server:

https://discord.gg/6bnzdKy

• Like 4

Jessietail

Where did this come from?

• Confused 1

JrMasterModelBuilder
6 minutes ago, Jessietail said:

Where did this come from?

jqzbu.jpg

• Like 1

Kelvin_

OMG, I waited this for 15 years. It's finally leaked.

aidenpons

Wait, what? So first I find that LR  car physics is actually a thing, and now LOMN has been discovered?

A new Bionicle game has been discovered.... /lrrquote

Should I be looking out the window for pigs flying?

Bombastic_Brody

In case you didn't know, somebody recorded a livestream on Twitch and YouTube of gameplay footage from its really early alpha stage. The user is called "The Beaverhouse". After this discovery, he and the BioMedia Project teamed up and released the game for anybody to play. However you will need Windows 7 or earlier at the moment to actually play the game. Also keep in mind that the game is VERY BUGGY!

Links (Please keep in mind the video contains language that may not be suitable for a younger audience!):

Twitch Livestream: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/227696626

YouTube Livestream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuX90DYeJP0

BioMedia Project Download: http://biomediaproject.com/bmp/the-legend-of-mata-nui/

jamesster

Merged with existing topic.

It's cool this has finally happened, though I don't personally have much interest in playing with it.

I'm not sure how this fits with our "don't post full game downloads" policy, or how LEGO will respond - but Cirevam has already posted in this topic, and he's an admin, so I guess we'll leave this topic here for now.

Of course, if LEGO doesn't like it, we'll remove this topic - LEGO has recommended this site to people looking for tech support on older games, and we'd like to keep that good relationship with them.

Bombastic_Brody

So you guys are partners with LEGO? That's pretty neat!

jamesster
9 minutes ago, Bombastic_Brody said:

So you guys are partners with LEGO? That's pretty neat!

Nah, not like that. As said, they've just sent people our way when asked about tech support for older LEGO games. Several other sites (Brickset, Eurobricks, BZPower, etc) also remove leaks at the request of LEGO, and/or have rules regarding posting and discussion of leaks,  so they can continue to be on good terms. At the moment, it's anybody's guess if lEGO even cares about this old unfinished game, so we'll just see what happens.

Bombastic_Brody

Okie dokkie

Deathrain

Decent, but the crashes are making it difficult to enjoy. I hope the team on this has enough support to keep at it.