Classic Lego Bundle

Sommanker

Hi.

I'll start this off with some background.

When I was young, many years ago, I purchased an item called the Classic Lego Bundle, I think from a website of Dell's (that I think had a black background).

It was the first thing I ever saved up and bought as a child and cost £12.7x. It contains:

Lego Island

Lego Star Wars

Legoland

Lego Racers 2

Lego Rock Raiders

Lego Creator: Knight's Kingdom

They came in a blue case, with white wallets for holding all of the discs.

Decided to film it so you can see, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwrqTXEokaU&feature=youtu.be (Lego Star Wars missing from video as the top of the disc had personal information on it)

I want to know if anyone else knows anything about it or has ever heard of it or if I have some pretty rare item right here.

I've tried looking around, but haven't managed to find anything about it. In fact, if I didn't have it in front of me, I would probably be doubting my own memory.

I don't really know what I'm looking for, I'm just curious that I have an item that I can't find any evidence of. It might turn out to be nothing special, I don't know, but I never will if I don't keep looking!

Edit: In case anyone sees this in a few years or something and has any ideas, and is reading this but thinks something like "this was posted 5 years ago, I won't bother saying anything" - please do. This thread is on my favourites bar and I'll be checking regularly until I find a sufficient resolution :D (or pm me if necroing is bad) 

If it doesn't take that long, this is gonna look really weird.

Huh, never heard of it. The label on the case is pretty simple and says "Lego" instead of "LEGO", so I'm guessing it's something LEGO themselves weren't too involved with... The inclusion of LEGO Star Wars is pretty strange too.

Is there any info written on the discs themselves that could narrow down a publisher, year, etc?

Information on discs - dates and mentioned companies (excl. Lego Group)

1997 - Lego Island 

1999 - Rock Raiders (Data Design Interactive, and a company whose logo is too small for me to see - it looks a bit like Artworld or Antworld, with the A in a rainbow circle)

2000 - Legoland (Krisalis), Lego Creator Knight's Kingdom (Superscape)

2003 - Lego Racers 2 (Focus Multimedia, ATD)

2005 - Lego Star Wars (Traveller's Tales, Eidos, Lucasfilm) 

I'll also note that I was never actually able to play Lego Star Wars since it's always told me I needed a graphics card which supported Pixel Shaders v.1.1 or something. Haven't tried recently since I bought the complete saga.

None of these have any kind of safe-disc protection on them.

It could be plausible that it was completely put together by Dell (I'm working on the assumption that I got it from Dell for now, since the number on the case starts with DLLE and it's what I remember), explaining the 'Lego' instead of 'LEGO' on the front?

On 1/24/2018 at 5:14 PM, Sommanker said:

It could be plausible that it was completely put together by Dell

I'm pretty sure that's illegal, haha. This seems like such a strange pack. Also -- I notice that the label is actually DLLEGO01, so rather than starting with DLLE like you said, it looks more like it's DL LEGO 01. I also Google searched that code as well as "Classic Lego Bundle," with no relevant results for either.

What else could the website have been that you downloaded it from? I thought for a second that DL could stand for download, like they were bootlegged copies, but they definitely look like the real discs. Could it have been something where somebody just resold the games they had? It reminds me of something I'd pick up at a garage sale.

7 hours ago, LimeKiller said:

Could it have been something where somebody just resold the games they had? It reminds me of something I'd pick up at a garage sale.

It does kind of seem like that, doesn't it? Considering the packaging and price, I mean - but at the same time, how many people were making their own online stores and selling stuff back then? Plus the code on the front.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.