LegoWorld

Lego Racers Remastered

LegoWorld

What do you think would it be possible to make the Lego Racers game in remastered edition?

Cyrem

As in remaking the textures in higher resolution? Yeah its possible, just no-one has really put in the effort to do son... Theres quite a lot of textures to remake.

You may be aware, but you can run the game in higher resolutions with @WillKirkby's launcher.

LegoWorld

But this game needs further remaking (I think). For example adding  a little bit more laps than 3 to make the races more exciting and to make it more enjoyable, maybe waiting for the other racers until they also finish the race, adding the reverse Rocket Racer map in circuit mode, to make the multiplayer game mode within the game, to make it for supporting max. the 4K resolution and I don't know for further but maybe later...

Sunchipp

Someone needs to take the time to remake the entire game with a unity engine! Or is that already happening?

aidenpons
1 hour ago, Sunchipp said:

Someone needs to take the time to remake the entire game with a unity engine!

You're more than welcome to let that "someone" be you!

Venox
On 20/03/2018 at 8:07 AM, Sunchipp said:

Someone needs to take the time to remake the entire game with a unity engine! Or is that already happening?

I have been working on a lego racers remaster (sort of... it wont feature AI, it will be online only)  for a couple months now... I haven't created a thread on it yet, I will when I have something worth raving over :)  

So don't worry .. someone is "slowly" working on it, free time is just an issue :)

343n5t4.png

lol24
On 3/21/2018 at 1:18 PM, Venox said:

I have been working on a lego racers remaster (sort of... it wont feature AI, it will be online only)  for a couple months now... I haven't created a thread on it yet, I will when I have something worth raving over :)  

So don't worry .. someone is "slowly" working on it, free time is just an issue :)

343n5t4.png

Just saw this post, how's your project going so far? Do you need any help, if yes maybe i could help with Unity and programming.

I made a Raycast based car and started mimicking the physics system of the original, but that's as far as i went yet.

https://prnt.sc/ktb7jf

~ Blunderbuss ~
On 1/21/2018 at 3:38 AM, LegoWorld said:
On 1/20/2018 at 5:38 PM, LegoWorld said:

But this game needs further remaking (I think). For example adding  a little bit more laps than 3 to make the races more exciting and to make it more enjoyable, maybe waiting for the other racers until they also finish the race, adding the reverse Rocket Racer map in circuit mode, to make the multiplayer game mode within the game, to make it for supporting max. the 4K resolution and I don't know for further but maybe later...

(I know, I'm a year late, but...) In terms of reverse Rocket Racer Run, if you go into a license and make the name "LNFRRRM" when you play the circuit, it will be mirrored. And, with Multiplayer, you can download grappigegovert's multiplayer mod here: http://rrubucket.s3.amazonaws.com/LEGO_Racers_multiplayerpatch_270543.zip

(original topic link: https://www.rockraidersunited.com/topic/6043-multiplayer-without-joystick/)

Venox

I took a break from the project, hopefully soon I will have some free time to pick it back up again.  I'm a full time developer + have other game related projects that have taken up my spare time unfortunately ..   But I will get back to this!  I aim on finishing the game logic and giving the unity files to whoever is willing to create the track assets.

If I remember correctly I was working through the power ups after completing the car/camera mechanics.

lol24
On 3/11/2019 at 3:13 PM, Venox said:

I took a break from the project, hopefully soon I will have some free time to pick it back up again.  I'm a full time developer + have other game related projects that have taken up my spare time unfortunately ..   But I will get back to this!  I aim on finishing the game logic and giving the unity files to whoever is willing to create the track assets.

If I remember correctly I was working through the power ups after completing the car/camera mechanics.

Hey dude, what's up? Still interested in helping you with this! :D