Playing backup disc on win7

Yewsurname

Thank you for this website for starters, it is beautiful

I apoligise if my question is a common one. I've searched this website for the answer but perhaps wasn't looking in the right place

I have the RR disc and the game plays fine off of it. I reinstalled it from the backup disc I made, and the game installs fine, but running the game I get an error message saying to insert the correct disc. My OS is windows 7 ultimate - 32bit. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance

The original game which you probably have has safedisc protection, designed to stop backups from working. Safedisc protection is basically defunct now, Microsoft has removed its support in their recent updates. There was however later releases of LRR which did not have this protection on them. You'll need to find a no-cd version of LRR, which you can do by just Googling, good to have the discless version as a backup just in case.

16 hours ago, Cyrem said:

The original game which you probably have has safedisc protection, designed to stop backups from working. Safedisc protection is basically defunct now, Microsoft has removed its support in their recent updates. There was however later releases of LRR which did not have this protection on them. You'll need to find a no-cd version of LRR, which you can do by just Googling, good to have the discless version as a backup just in case.

Thank you Cyrem!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.