[SOLUTION] Lego Rock Raiders on Windows 10

Das Glückskekschen

Das Glückskekschen
23 hours ago, aidenpons said:

Failing a slightly messy solution:

I tried that, but it doesn't work for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

So when I try to run the LegoRR.exe, the screen shrinks to the 640x480 resolution, but then reverts back to the original resolution. Why does this happen and how can I fix it? Any help is seriously appreciated!!! 

(If pictures and/or a video would help, I can get those BTW)

• Like 1

Das Glückskekschen
On 5/7/2018 at 4:28 AM, ellman12 said:

Hi,

So when I try to run the LegoRR.exe, the screen shrinks to the 640x480 resolution, but then reverts back to the original resolution. Why does this happen and how can I fix it? Any help is seriously appreciated!!! 

(If pictures and/or a video would help, I can get those BTW)

Hi ellman12,

does this happen after you select "window" in the mode Selection?

Screenshot would be nice.

Running `Setup.exe` does not work for me at all, just sits there doing nothing in the background without a foreground window at all.

Das Glückskekschen
21 hours ago, gudenau said:

Running `Setup.exe` does not work for me at all, just sits there doing nothing in the background without a foreground window at all.

Try to run the installer in compatibility mode for Windows 98.

1 hour ago, Das Glückskekschen said:

Try to run the installer in compatibility mode for Windows 98.

How strange, that did not seem to work before but it seems to now. Whatever Windows.

Edit:

The game does not start at all, guess I just won't be playing this right now.

2 hours ago, gudenau said:

How strange, that did not seem to work before but it seems to now. Whatever Windows.

Edit:

The game does not start at all, guess I just won't be playing this right now.

Have you tried the LRR Alternative Installer (le717's)? Salavaging your game?

To run, have you also tried this guide? If the game shows no sign of starting, you quite possibly have a copy protected version using Safedisc which is not supported by Windows anymore. You can either find a non-protected version or try this guide.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/8/2018 at 11:59 AM, Das Glückskekschen said:

Hi ellman12,

does this happen after you select "window" in the mode Selection?

Screenshot would be nice.

Link to video

I know this is probably the worst way I could've gotten a video on here but I had no other ideas. Hopefully the quality isn't that potato and you can actually read the text on-screen. 

Das Glückskekschen
On 6/6/2018 at 9:37 PM, ellman12 said:

Link to video

I know this is probably the worst way I could've gotten a video on here but I had no other ideas. Hopefully the quality isn't that potato and you can actually read the text on-screen. 

Nice idea :D

So, I think it could be two issues.

1: The Notification is blocking the resolution and rr crashes because of that.

2: rr crashes directly because you start it from the CD.

Try to start rr directly from the LegoRR.exe in the folder where you copied the D3DRM.dll file. ( e.g.: "C:\Program Files (x86)\LEGO Media\Spiele\Rock Raiders\LegoRR.exe" )

This should be open the small Window with the mode selection before the game is starting, like in my first post from this thread.

19 hours ago, Das Glückskekschen said:

Nice idea :D

So, I think it could be two issues.

1: The Notification is blocking the resolution and rr crashes because of that.

2: rr crashes directly because you start it from the CD.

Try to start rr directly from the LegoRR.exe in the folder where you copied the D3DRM.dll file. ( e.g.: "C:\Program Files (x86)\LEGO Media\Spiele\Rock Raiders\LegoRR.exe" )

This should be open the small Window with the mode selection before the game is starting, like in my first post from this thread.

I tried both of those but it didn't work. It did the same thing, minus the notification popping up. 

https://imgur.com/a/AHOMugO

Also, I don't ever see this during the process... 

3 hours ago, ellman12 said:

Also, I don't ever see this during the process... 

Since that never appears, it's seems likely that you have a copy-protected version which won't run as Microsoft dropped support of SafeDisc. You'll need to either get a non-protected version or try this: https://www.rockraidersunited.com/guides/lego-rock-raiders/lrr-windows-10-setup-guide-safedisc-version-r4/

Easiest way to know is if "LegoRR.icd" is bigger than 0kb.

• 3 weeks later...
mattbatcraz

I have done all the steps, but as the screen begins to change to run the lower resolution it just crashes, windows asks me if it started correctly, and that's it.. I was really looking forward to actually beating this game finally too..

update: screen resolution will shrink down to launch the game, but will change back to the normal resolution and never launch the game, and sometimes will blare a one note sound out of the speaker for half a second.

Das Glückskekschen
22 hours ago, mattbatcraz said:

I have done all the steps, but as the screen begins to change to run the lower resolution it just crashes, windows asks me if it started correctly, and that's it.. I was really looking forward to actually beating this game finally too..

Which version do you use and please tell me your System Specs.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
AceLaserBear

I must have tried every method in every forum post at this point, yet I'm still getting a quick flash of a black screen then crash to desktop. Does anyone have a fail-proof installation method for Win10?

I'm using some disc mount I got from a sketchy website and I'm on a Nvidia GeForce GT 1030 Graphics card if that's any help.

I just wanna play this darn game, why is it so impossible to install??? ?

• 3 weeks later...

It's still lagging in windowed mode, just not as badly as before. I tried running the rr-fix.exe it just froze. I can still hear the music and sound effects from the main menu playing like normal but otherwise it will not work in fullscreen mode at all.

Das Glückskekschen
On 8/18/2018 at 8:04 AM, Example said:

It's still lagging in windowed mode, just not as badly as before. I tried running the rr-fix.exe it just froze. I can still hear the music and sound effects from the main menu playing like normal but otherwise it will not work in fullscreen mode at all. 

Can you tell me which language your game has and which version it is (For example the orginal CD from 1999)?

11 hours ago, Das Glückskekschen said:

Can you tell me which language your game has and which version it is (For example the orginal CD from 1999)?

English version of the "revival" re-release. I've managed to get it working though.

Das Glückskekschen

I have tested it with the original and a english release, but I think the issue is that it is an re-release.
The only thing what I can do is when you upload me your version, so I can try to create a workaround.

On 8/27/2018 at 2:15 AM, Das Glückskekschen said:

I have tested it with the original and a english release, but I think the issue is that it is an re-release.
The only thing what I can do is when you upload me your version, so I can try to create a workaround.

Sure thing.

Das Glückskekschen
16 hours ago, Example said:

Sure thing.

Bad news, when I try it with your CD it works perfect for me.
It seems that the issue is your "pc".
Maybe you can try it on another one?

7 hours ago, Das Glückskekschen said:

Bad news, when I try it with your CD it works perfect for me.
It seems that the issue is your "pc".
Maybe you can try it on another one?

Well like I said I managed to get the game working fine, aside from glitches which are apparently just part of the game itself.

I did what you did and when I open the game it takes me to a black screen for a few seconds and then it just gets me out, nothing more. Im seeing that you got that little mode selection screen but that is not there for me :/ help :c

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.