[SOLUTION] Lego Rock Raiders on Windows 10

Das Glückskekschen

Das Glückskekschen

So here is a Solution how to run Lego Rock Raiders on Win10.

I tested that way on three differently Computers with Windows 10 and the German/English Rock Raider Game.

Please download THIS.

First of all, you need to install the game with the "Setup.exe" which you can find in the root directory of your CD.

Run the Setup and install the game.

After that, you go to the install directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\LEGO Media\Spiele\Rock Raiders" (for the german installation) and paste the "D3DRM.DLL" from my ZIP file in that directory.

Now you make these Steps:

1.     right-click on the "LegoRR.exe" file and choose "Properties"
  2.     select  compatibility
  3.     select 16 Bit Mode
  4.     select 640x 480 resolution
  5.     Click "OK"
  6.     Copy the "rr-fix.exe" from the download to the left upper corner from your desktop.
  7.     Yes, it is important that you copy it in THAT corner.
  8.     Clear your desktop as much as possible.
  9.     well done :) 

Now you should start the game with the "LegoRR.exe".

Select the same like in this screenshot:

?do=download

and hit the "OK" button.

The game starts now but in an ugly window mode..

Start my "rr-fix.exe" with a right click and "start as a admin" and you should be able to play the game now in a wonderful Full-Screen mode.

Let me know if this way works for you.

Edited by Slimy Slug
Updated download link and changed image source
  • Like 3

Nice, will be useful to some people who can't get dgvoodoo to work for them.

For those skeptical and wondering what this actually does, it basically moves the window to a 0,0 location and hides the borders. When you combine that with the fact that you're running the game in 640x480 compatibility mode it makes it look like the game is fullscreen (though technically still a window).

• Thanks 1

Das Glückskekschen
15 minutes ago, Cyrem said:

Nice, will be useful to some people who can't get dgvoodoo to work for them.

For those skeptical and wondering what this actually does, it basically moves the window to a 0,0 location and hides the borders. When you combine that with the fact that you're running the game in 640x480 compatibility mode it makes it look like the game is fullscreen (though technically still a window).

Yes

The "secret" is that i move the window to a -3, -26 location, which hides the upper border.

• 2 weeks later...
Das Glückskekschen
On 31.12.2017 at 8:16 PM, Joe9238 said:

I've got it working apart from the fact that the fix won't work. Please help.

Did you start it as a Admin?
(right click on my rr-fix and "start as a admin")

Hey I followed your instructions, but my game is not working properly. It is quite laggy in the menu and when I start playing I have strange graphical bugs and even more lags.

I have installed the german version via cd emulation. Any ideas what I can do to make it run properly?

Das Glückskekschen
1 hour ago, Ryu1337 said:

Hey I followed your instructions, but my game is not working properly. It is quite laggy in the menu and when I start playing I have strange graphical bugs and even more lags.

I have installed the german version via cd emulation. Any ideas what I can do to make it run properly?

Hm, normal the graphical bugs and lags shoud be fixed with the selection from the 16 Bit Mode and the 640x 480 resolution.
I'm sorry but I have no idea why this isn't working for you.

Can you tell me your System Specs?

On 06/01/2018 at 10:48 AM, Ryu1337 said:

Ok bad news again.... While playing I recognized that there are no cutscenes... Any idea how I can solve this?

The AVI files are on the disc, you'll need to copy them into the Data\Avi folder of LRR's installation directory.

• 1 month later...

I was about to complain that there is no file in the download but it's only available if you sign in.

Anyway, it does enlarge the screen to full screen effectively but then the screen goes sort of black. It recognizes the functions like placing road but it doesn't display the background correctly (please see screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/RWqq3). The background was displayed correctly before going to full screen.

Additional info:

Windows 10

Gigabyte gtx 1060 windforce graphics card

Installed with an alternate installer because setup.exe didn't work.

Das Glückskekschen
2 hours ago, acdc2808 said:

I was about to complain that there is no file in the download but it's only available if you sign in.

Anyway, it does enlarge the screen to full screen effectively but then the screen goes sort of black. It recognizes the functions like placing road but it doesn't display the background correctly (please see screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/RWqq3). The background was displayed correctly before going to full screen.

Additional info:

Windows 10

I tested it with the same gtx.. :o
What do you mean with "alternate installer"?
I think that could be the issue.

19 hours ago, Das Glückskekschen said:

What do you mean with "alternate installer"?
I think that could be the issue.

I understand that it seems like a reasonable conclusion but i'm not sure because the game works normal in windowed mode. If something would be wrong with the installer, then I would assume that the error should also occurring in windowed mode.

The installer: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tZTWjQbAvjHl0Odu4uWknT_1quIuQ3iY

It's just an external program to open the files from the CD. It also doesn't work without the CD so it basically only opens the setup in a given language using the files from the CD (Spanish unfortunately xD).

Btw I would appreciate it if you can upload the LegoRR0.wad file (I already found LegoRR1.wad online) from the English version (German is also fine but my English is better), RR0 and RR1 should be the text and if i'm correct. I haven't changed these files yet so that shouldn't interfere with the full screen fix, but I wanted to try it anyway after I get it working first.

Das Glückskekschen
On 5.3.2018 at 8:38 PM, acdc2808 said:

I understand that it seems like a reasonable conclusion but i'm not sure because the game works normal in windowed mode. If something would be wrong with the installer, then I would assume that the error should also occurring in windowed mode.

The installer: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tZTWjQbAvjHl0Odu4uWknT_1quIuQ3iY

It's just an external program to open the files from the CD. It also doesn't work without the CD so it basically only opens the setup in a given language using the files from the CD (Spanish unfortunately xD).

Btw I would appreciate it if you can upload the LegoRR0.wad file (I already found LegoRR1.wad online) from the English version (German is also fine but my English is better), RR0 and RR1 should be the text and if i'm correct. I haven't changed these files yet so that shouldn't interfere with the full screen fix, but I wanted to try it anyway after I get it working first.

I would send you a Message with a link to the files but first you have to enable the Messanger ( acdc2808 cannot receive messages. )

23 hours ago, Das Glückskekschen said:

I would send you a Message with a link to the files but first you have to enable the Messanger ( acdc2808 cannot receive messages. )

Uuhm I can't find the setting xD... But you can also use my e-mail: [email protected]

Thanks!

Das Glückskekschen
14 hours ago, bradleybrand said:

The game runs for me, but is ever so laggy and slow. It's unplayable.

Which RR version do you have and what are your System specs?

• 5 weeks later...
Das Glückskekschen
On 4/10/2018 at 1:24 PM, 37853567 said:

This fix worked perfectly, thank you so much. Time to relive my childhood!

Thx for your feedback.
Have fun :af:

On 3/4/2018 at 9:16 PM, acdc2808 said:

Additional info:

Windows 10

Did you ever recieve a fix for this? Have followed all instructions so far, and it seemed to be working for me, and then whenever the camera is forced to move by the game, everything goes black beneath the HUD. Either the camera is being moved somewhere and then I'm losing all camera control, or the background is just going full black. Real pain.

Windows 10 laptop

Das Glückskekschen
On 4/15/2018 at 5:15 PM, gnomes4u said:

Did you ever recieve a fix for this? Have followed all instructions so far, and it seemed to be working for me, and then whenever the camera is forced to move by the game, everything goes black beneath the HUD. Either the camera is being moved somewhere and then I'm losing all camera control, or the background is just going full black. Real pain.

Windows 10 laptop

Yes, the issue was the installer.

Try this installer:
https://www53.zippyshare.com/d/YMrulzpy/6045/LRR.zip
Send me a private Message for the pwd.

Edited by Das Glückskekschen
download

Das Glückskekschen
On 4/20/2018 at 12:13 PM, jansenring said:

My game runs fine however I the cutscenes do not. How do I fix this?

Download this:

https://www.rockraidersunited.com/files/lego_rock_raiders/resources/indeo-iv50-avi-codec-r111/

and be sure that the disk is in your CD-drive.

Edited by Slimy Slug
Changed file link

On 4/21/2018 at 4:13 AM, jansenring said:

My game runs fine however I the cutscenes do not. How do I fix this?

Failing a slightly messy solution:

On 1/8/2018 at 12:40 AM, Cyrem said:

The AVI files are on the disc, you'll need to copy them into the Data\Avi folder of LRR's installation directory.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.