Greetings!

TheMikirog

Hello there, members of Rock Raiders United! I'm TheMikirog.

Who am I?

I'm almost 18 years old at the time of writing this. I live in Poland. My English might not be perfect, but I try my dandest. I'm a character designer. I want to pursue my dreams of becoming a creator of an animated series, on TV or YouTube. I have two highly-detailed story ideas that cropped up in my head that I've been working on for nearly 3 years. I along with my friend both animate. I'm also a composer and a voice actor. I like creating stuff, so in my spare time I try to create animations, but because of the busy life of high-school and upcoming finals, I struggle to find a balance between necessary work and satisfying my inner artist. I guess time will tell.

How did I end up here?

LEGO Rock Raiders was a great game I played a lot when I was younger. Looking back at it, it has some flaws, but a unique charm that cannot be replicated. Maybe I'm nostalgia blind, I don't know. I stumbled upon this forum and I thought "This game has a fanbase years later? For a game that wasn't really popular to begin with? And they're modding? Sign me in!".

I was already pretty familiar with modding. I already added some hats and new weapons to Duck Game and now I have yet another target to practice. My proudest work is BombSquad Joyride Modpack (shameless mod promotion), a mod that adds new powerups, maps and characters into an action-packed party game with plasticine visuals. LEGO Rock Raiders is a game that is being kept alive by very talented people, so I decided to join the party. I might do some patches for the game in the future, who knows?

I can't wait to see what cool new mods are going to surface and how far I can push myself into editing this game.

Ello there, Welcome to RRU.

I'm your friendly Dragon around these parts and i spend some of my free time drawing and doodling stuff, so hearing that you make animations is quite exiting and i would really like to see any you could share.

hope you'll enjoy your visit.

Hullo there, and welcome to Rock Raiders United.

While modding here isn't as big as it used to be (at least, as far as I'm aware), its still nice to see fresh-blood members still enthusiastic to dig in and make new break-throughs in modding/overhauling LRR.

3 hours ago, TheMikirog said:

...so in my spare time I try to create animations, but because of the busy life of high-school and upcoming finals, I struggle to find a balance between necessary work and satisfying my inner artist. I guess time will tell

I understand how hard it is (hell, I used to have the same problem during my time in school), but whether you can spare the time to produce cool stuff or not, I'll be very interested to see what you are able to achieve in the future.

So once again, welcome to RRU, and please enjoy your stay.

Hey welcome to the community!

Its great to see new people interested in modding and doing so successfully already as I've seen. Will be great to see what you come up with!

Despite some limitations we're still pushing RR for more, which i'm trying to do via Cafeteria... But we still figure out new things on occasion like animated textures which @Cirevam recently posted about.

Anyway, see you around.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.