Ports of Drome Racers [Sound, Maps, Models, Textures]

RedC

1 minute ago, Xir said:

Terrains not included* (last I checked)

Well hey, I wouldn't mind a LR2 remake, but you know aside from the engine, LR2 and DR and entirely different games, and getting the motivation to work on a game you aren't interested in doing isn't the same as having it for something else that you'd much rather be doing. Mind you I don't know how RedC feels about an LR2 remake but I'm just throwing that out there, and it's obvious this is not where the original intent layed.

You´re right terrains are not included. Forgot to point that out.

I wouldn´t say that they are entirely different. They are both racing games where you can shoot projectiles in different words, and built their own cars. Essentially, everything made for the LR2 remake can be used for the Drome  Racers remake to some exent.

34 minutes ago, tomfyhr said:

You´re right terrains are not included. Forgot to point that out.

I wouldn´t say that they are entirely different. They are both racing games where you can shoot projectiles in different words, and built their own cars. Essentially, everything made for the LR2 remake can be used for the Drome  Racers remake to some exent.

You don't really build cars in DR and in LR2 you dont just race and shoot stuff around, theres a story it's open world, theres many animations soundlines, etc.. it would take quite a while to recreate that alone. Thats why i've choosen DR, it's easy to replicate, graphics from 2002, animations of the characters in the garage lobby are pretty much the same everytime, 12 fixed non editable cars.. just in color but thats not a big job etc..

Also as @Xir already correctly pointed out, i don't have any motivation to recreate a game that i didn't even play and know nothing about

It's a whole lot of work for DR alone if it was possible, but LR2? nah man sorry. It's atleast 3 times the work and we dont have terrain of LR2 either, lol

QUESTION:

I'm currently having a view at the textures,

Should i recreate the textures to give them higher resolutions?

I really would like to do for some HUD textures for example.

But also this would take nostalgia and originality a little away and that's why i am asking

a4d9194b39464ef2bbb8cdb5e8012832.png

lol username
On 5/27/2017 at 5:39 AM, RedC said:

How much is there to it? Lightning, Physics and Race Scripts, and a store and save feature.

On 5/27/2017 at 5:39 AM, RedC said:

Actually when i think about it, i need to do some AI waypoint following maybe. Also i need to make those powerups working, and the ai needs to be able to use it too if it detects a player in reach. 

I'm getting the impression you're vastly underestimating the amount of work that goes into making (even recreating) a game like this...

Just now, Terrev said:

I'm getting the impression you're vastly underestimating the amount of work that goes into making (even recreating) a game like this...

I know i know..

i always do that..

And find out afterwards..

But i wanted to get more familiar with the engine anyways, and i think that this might be a good training

Fluffy Cupcake

Well, diving right in is always a good thing, the key is to not get down when things seem to be too hard or is taking too long.

• 2 years later...

Checking in 3 Years later,

Reviving a long dead topic, can anyone remember?

I switched from my design interests to software development and am doing it for a living now, 

funny reading all this back 3 years later and realizing that what all you said is true, and i should've started with the game before caring about assets. 

This really gives me Ideas and motivation, i want to do something, i just know that it's never gonna get finished and eventually will be lost again.
Thanks for your support, and i love how rru has changed. 

This project is on halt. I'll keep the idea in the back of my head tho and maybe revive this in a few more years, who knows...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.