Which program for recording LR?

piotr_garschin

piotr_garschin

Hello,

I want to ask you what program do you use for recording movies in LR. I have a trial of Action, but the license will end in 2 weeks and I search for something freeware/maybe with not so big watermark on recorded movies (just like the one in HyperCam - but I can't set HC on my Windows 8 to record perfectly). What will be the best option to use in Win8?

lol username

Fraps spits out massive files and the free version can only record 30 second clips with a watermark. I still use it just because I bought it like 7 years back and it's convenient to use (aside from the video file sizes), but I wouldn't recommend it.

If you want something free, there's OBS Studio and OBS Classic: https://obsproject.com/download

• Like 2

fraps barely functions on windows 8 and 10, it's old and out of date. OBS works great and can be encoded to write much smaller videos. rock raiders is the only game I haven't gotten to work with it, but I can only run it in windows 7 so I just use fraps for that anyway as much as I hate it.

• Like 1

Dazzgracefulmoon

obs is your best free bet, and if you have a nvidia GTX series card that's 660 and above (i think?) you can use the NVEC recorder that shadowplay uses.

ReflectedMantis

Well, I generally use a program called iSpring free cam, which is easy to use, and completely free. It has a built-in, but very very basic editor which you can use to crop your videos if nessesary. But sometimes I just use the screen recorder built-in to Windows 10, which you can access in-game by pressing Windows Key+G, but it's not recommended because you can only record games. Of course, you have to have Windows 10.

iSpring: Easy to use, and completely free, but it does make you enter an email at download. I just used an email I no longer use.

Windows 10 Gamebar: Easy to use, but not always good quality videos, and can only record games.

edit: and I almost forgot to mention: Although I don't think it's a big deal, your PC cursor will be a bit ahead of where it is supposed to be. You'll see what I mean if you record dragging a window or something.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.