Jdimmick

IXS Comprehensive guide to Island Xtreme Stunts on Windows 10?

Jdimmick

Hey guys, I have a 2 part question. I was just wondering if anyone has had success running Island Xtreme Stunts on windows 10, and if so how they've done it. I've read some of the tricks and things people have used to get it working on 7 I believe, but I'm not incredibly computer savvy and I'm not sure anyone has been able to run it on windows 10. The most important thing I would like to ask, though is a comprehensive guide on how they at least got it working for windows 7. I've tried to implement the no disc trick, but I'm not sure I even need this if I have the disc. Do I just need a patch file to fix the game if I have the disc, or should I still try the no disc trick? If I do need a patch file, where do I get it and where should I put it to make the game work? Basically I'm asking for a step by step of the exact process that is used by the people who got it running on 7 that's easy to understand and encompasses everything. Thanks for your time!

Zeeslag
17 hours ago, Jeff said:

I don't know if there's a guide on these forums, but I found what you're looking for on the PCGamingWiki.

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Island_Xtreme_Stunts#Game_crashes_on_startup

I love the PC gaming wiki, this site is gold, if i have any problems with a game I always check this site first! I got it working on my other pc with windows 10 so it should work. If you need any extra help you can always send me a beep, I have nothing else to do with my time :/

Jdimmick

Thanks guys! I'm going to mess around with it for a little and if I still can't get it working ill say something

aidenpons

I think your best bet is trying to get hold of @Xiron as IIRC he got Island Xtreme Stunts working for me on Windows 10.

DistrictToTheFuture
On 5/22/2017 at 3:07 PM, Jdimmick said:

Hey guys I got it to work! thanks for the help!

How?

Brickome
1 hour ago, DistrictToTheFuture said:

How?

Compatiblitiy settings set to 98/ME and this did it for me. Also note the game crashes when you exit from the main menu.

RobberBaron

I've done absolutely everything suggested but can't get it to work on my Windows 10 :/  Installed the Lunar patch thing, set it no no disc mode, run on Windows 98 and as an administrator. This is my favourite one of the games! :(