Change language to English?

Zwip-Zwap Zapony

Zwip-Zwap Zapony

Last year, I bought 3 games (Lego Island 2, Lego Racers, and Lego Rock Raiders) for about 4 bucks or so. It's first today that I've actually got around to playing Rock Raiders, and... The installer only has options for Danish, Norwegian, and Swedish, and when installing the game in one language, the game is the same language as far as I can tell. (Installing it in Danish results in the game being Danish, but I haven't tried Norwegian nor Swedish.)

I've tried to look up how to change the language to English, and I've found many suggestions on other games, and a couple on this game, but I haven't been able to find a single, all-you-need-in-one guide on it. (I may just not have searched for long enough, I know, but it's hard to search for specifically Lego Rock Raiders when there are lots of threads about it for other games on a forum called "Rock Raiders United".) Though I have established that it's possible to do what I want, and it's not too illegal to share some of the English files.

So... What I'm looking for is all the information one would need to get a nice, English game experience in Lego Rock Raiders. While explaining, assume that I have some nice knowledge about modding a few games and computers in general (so please don't dummy it all down to super simple stuff), but am completely new to everything modding-related about Lego Rock Raiders (so try not to leave out any important details or assume I know how to edit the Wad files). In advance, thank you to anyone reading and/or responding to this.

Start here to prepare your game for modding (there are video links to complement the unfinished bits). I will assume you will use the Data method which involves copying the extracted files into the Data folder, copying LegoRR0 first.

Afterwards, I suppose we would need to know which files are in English and which ones aren't. I don't personally know if the file names change or just their content. The Lego.CFG file will give you an indication since it defines file paths for lots of things. Look through the first 1/4 of the file as most of the object definitions are there, or just upload the file to our file uploader. Data\Languages\ObjectiveText.txt is another one which contains level briefing text along with some control data. Finally, how about the briefing voiceovers in Data\Sounds\Streamed\Objectiv ? Those have names that match their level, like Misobj01 for Driller Night.

It could simply be a matter of dropping in English files without changing much else.

Zwip-Zwap Zapony

Danish files include:

Data/Sounds/Streamed/<Folder>/<Sound>.wav (including the misobj01.wav-misobj25.wav in the Objectiv folder)

LegoRR1.wad/Languages/ObjectiveText.txt

LegoRR1.wad/Levels/GameLevels/Level<Number>/<Number>.txt

LegoRR1.wad/Sounds/Voices/<Folder>/<Sound>.wav

LegoRR1.wad/Lego.cfg (File-names are English, text strings are Danish)

English files include:

LegoRR0.wad/Languages/ObjectiveText.txt

LegoRR0.wad/Levels/GameLevels/Level<Number>/<Number>.txt

In other words, it seems as though LegoRR1.wad is just the localized content (and a couple other things), added on top of LegoRR0.wad... but sadly, I don't seem to have an English Lego.cfg file nor any English voice clips (besides one, which seems more unused than useful). But the file names are the same for Danish (and other regions) as English, and from the few results I've found about changing the language to English, it should be enough to just grab the English files and put on top of the non-English ones.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.