Game won't start

karmew32

Hello,

I cannot run LEGO Racers. What happens is I click on the .EXE, it appears in task manager for like 2 seconds then disappears. I don't even get the splash screen. I have messed with compatibility and resolution and still, nothing.

I believe my copy is a copy-protected 1999 version.

What OS are you running? If it's Windows 8 or 10 and your copy still needs the CD to run you're going to have to screw around with Safedisc / run a virtual machine...

8 hours ago, aidenpons said:

What OS are you running? If it's Windows 8 or 10 and your copy still needs the CD to run you're going to have to screw around with Safedisc / run a virtual machine...

Windows 7 64-bit edition.

I have this same issue, and am using the original 1999 disc version on Windows 10, 64-bit.

It installs just fine, but when I run the exe in any compatibility it just shows the hourglass cursor for a moment and nothing happens.

piotr_garschin

Maybe try this:

nwj6mp.png

Just click by right mouse button on LR icon and choose Properties. Then you have to type -novideo after LEGORacers.exe, just like I did. Remember to type space between " and -. I must use this because LR doesn't work on my Windows 8 without it.

Nope, -novideo did nothing.

I suspect the failure to run is caused by SafeDisc, a program that stops the game from running without a disc to prevent pirating the game files. That program was discontinued in Windows Vista, and is probably what's causing issues. Unfortunately, the only SafeDisc bypasses that I've found are horribly complicated, and seem to be very dangerous should you goof it up.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.