Jump to content
jamesster

Complete LEGO Universe Client

Recommended Posts

lcdr

Ah, great, more clients available for download are always a good thing. Without having downloaded it yet, is the client packed (with everything in .pk files) or unpacked?

 

We've also uploaded some clients that we've linked in our documentation, a packed client and an unpacked client. Both of these should be complete and up-to-date, with the unpacked one being especially suitable for modding.

 

Also, if anyone knows of any other clients out there, I'd like to ask of you to post them as well. I've gotten hold of an alpha client (version 0.179.12.0) and a release client (version 1.0.8), though I don't have the download links for those at hand right now.

Clients from alpha and beta are especially interesting because they contain debugging files useful for reverse engineering and debugging tools like happy flower, and older release clients are also interesting because they contain a database that hasn't had information deleted from it, unlike the up-to-date release client. This information has already been useful to me in restoring functionality, so I'd be interested in any older client.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jamesster
4 hours ago, lcdr said:

Without having downloaded it yet, is the client packed (with everything in .pk files) or unpacked?

Packed.

 

4 hours ago, lcdr said:

We've also uploaded some clients that we've linked in our documentation, a packed client and an unpacked client. Both of these should be complete and up-to-date, with the unpacked one being especially suitable for modding.

Ooh, I've got an unpacked client already but I think that's the first time one has been posted for download publicly. Neat.

 

4 hours ago, lcdr said:

Also, if anyone knows of any other clients out there, I'd like to ask of you to post them as well. I've gotten hold of an alpha client (version 0.179.12.0) and a release client (version 1.0.8), though I don't have the download links for those at hand right now.

Clients from alpha and beta are especially interesting because they contain debugging files useful for reverse engineering and debugging tools like happy flower, and older release clients are also interesting because they contain a database that hasn't had information deleted from it, unlike the up-to-date release client. This information has already been useful to me in restoring functionality, so I'd be interested in any older client.

I have quite a few older release clients, which I really should look into organizing and uploading sometime... Shame my upload speed is so terrible, it kinda puts me off from large things like that, but I'll do it eventually. Some are on a PC I have easy access to, and some additional ones are on an old hard drive that has some problems, I'm not sure if I can recover those or not but I'll give it a try.

 

Edit - Checked out the unpacked client, looks good. I'll probably end up using that one primarily as it's got those additional German localization files my previous unpacked client lacks. Which I guess doesn't really matter to me since I always play in English but it's still nice haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sampre

Sorry for commenting on such an old post,  you'll have to forgive me, for I have no programming experience whatsoever, but I understand the concept a little.

I have the game downloaded and opened, only it says "Sorry! We could not sign you in to LEGO Universe"

I know I can't sign in with my LEGO ID and continue playing, knowing LEGO closed the servers January 2012, but how do I bypass the login screen to play?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jamesster

As of right now, you'll need to connect to some other server, either hosted by yourself or someone else. At the moment, the only servers you can host yourself are quite limited in what they can do, and the more advanced ones are still private WIPs occasionally undergoing testing. Try finding a LEGO Universe discord chat or something and asking for more info there. Here's the leading server projects:

https://www.darkflameuniverse.org/

https://lcdruniverse.org/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
origamihero

I've been looking for this for a long time. Thanks!

 

edit:

How would I connect to another server

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vic Rattlehead

Wait, so does this client have the free 'trial' content or all of the content that existed in this amazing game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jamesster
4 minutes ago, Vic Rattlehead said:

Wait, so does this client have the free 'trial' content or all of the content that existed in this amazing game?

As said in the first post:

 

On 3/31/2017 at 7:07 PM, jamesster said:

This is the client I played the game on normally back when it was live, and recorded this whole playthrough on. As far as I've seen, it's got everything it should, so you won't have to worry about trying to equip those lovely Frostburgh leggings only to be left with pink missing texture pants.

It's... well, a complete client.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vic Rattlehead

Cool, thanks. I was honestly so sad when LEGO closed the servers... While I was very much against the subscription based system, I loved the game with all my heart. :/

I wish it will have a decent successor at some point (seeing that LEGO Worlds probably won't be that eventually)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jamesster
1 hour ago, Vic Rattlehead said:

Cool, thanks. I was honestly so sad when LEGO closed the servers... While I was very much against the subscription based system, I loved the game with all my heart. :/

I wish it will have a decent successor at some point (seeing that LEGO Worlds probably won't be that eventually)

I suppose you may have seen these already, but, keep an eye on them; both are quite competent and have shown a lot of dedication over the years:

 

https://www.darkflameuniverse.org/

 

https://lcdruniverse.org/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vic Rattlehead

Hi again,

How do I sign in to the game? Obviously, it is no longer connected to LEGO servers so I can't use my regular LEGO ID...

 

EDIT:

Sorry, just realized you already answered that question. I do have a followup question: how do you connect to another server?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Meticulix
On 4/1/2017 at 11:48 AM, jamesster said:

I have quite a few older release clients, which I really should look into organizing and uploading sometime...

 

So... any word on those old clients?  I finally got around to extracting the music from the files, but alas I never saved a back-up of my Beta client, so I don't have any of those tracks.  I'd need one no later than... June?  I think it was July that they changed all the music (I think)...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jamesster
7 hours ago, Meticulix said:

So... any word on those old clients?  I finally got around to extracting the music from the files, but alas I never saved a back-up of my Beta client, so I don't have any of those tracks.  I'd need one no later than... June?  I think it was July that they changed all the music (I think)...

Everything we've got has been uploaded and there's a list with links in a LU discord or two. You'll likely have more luck there. https://lusprojects.github.io/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JimbobJeffers

Speaking of LU music, has anyone uploaded lossless files from the soundtrack anywhere? Or as lossless as you can get, in the sense of converting whatever format the game uses into something like WAV or FLAC without re-compressing.

 

The fantastic libraries uploaded to YouTube are much appreciated but I assume YouTube re-encoded the audio. The LUNI Server website has them listed here but they're MP3 files which I'm guessing were compressed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zeb

Ditto, I'd love to get my hands on some lossless copies of the LU music. There's also a particular track I'm looking for that I can't find on the web: the Avant Gardens picnic/launch area music that was used in the final version of the game. The earlier Beta version without the strings is on YouTube, but I have been unable to find the revised version in pure form extracted from the game files. (If I recall correctly, I only ever managed to find a copy that seemed to have been recorded in-game and was imperfectly looped.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Meticulix
On 5/31/2020 at 2:47 PM, jamesster said:

Everything we've got has been uploaded and there's a list with links in a LU discord or two. You'll likely have more luck there. https://lusprojects.github.io/

Awesome, thank you!  Took a look around there, didn't find any Beta clients, but there was an Alpha one, though unfortunately it does not contain Pet Rock or Forbidden Valleys music, so it looks like I'll have to checkout the Discord at some point in the future; thanks again!

 

 

On 6/1/2020 at 2:49 AM, JimbobJeffers said:

Speaking of LU music, has anyone uploaded lossless files from the soundtrack anywhere?

 

22 hours ago, Zeb said:

Ditto, I'd love to get my hands on some lossless copies of the LU music.

it's not to terribly hard to extract LU's music; I could put together an explanation on how I'm doing it, if you're interested.  That way you could have the files in there unaltered state and/or converted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jamesster

Also note that there's a few things (old login music, build mode ambiance loop, and some misc sounds) that are multichannel MP3s, which - at least when I did it like 6-7 years ago - required some other more specialized tool to rip without becoming corrupted, different than the majority of the audio. Old login music is 6 channels (2 unused), build mode loop is 4. I don't recall what that specialized tool was off the top of my head, but there may be wider support for it these days anyway. Dunno.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JimbobJeffers
14 hours ago, Meticulix said:

it's not to terribly hard to extract LU's music; I could put together an explanation on how I'm doing it, if you're interested.  That way you could have the files in there unaltered state and/or converted.

You inspired me to look into it, and it certainly seems simple enough as I've grabbed a few tracks already! Perhaps if I can figure out separating all the various tracks, I could compile it all losslessly and upload some time if no one else wants to.
A tutorial would still be very welcome though I'm sure - the more user-friendly documentation out there, the better! Of course, only if you have the time to spare and really want to :)

 

13 hours ago, jamesster said:

Also note that there's a few things (old login music, build mode ambiance loop, and some misc sounds) that are multichannel MP3s, which - at least when I did it like 6-7 years ago - required some other more specialized tool to rip without becoming corrupted, different than the majority of the audio. Old login music is 6 channels (2 unused), build mode loop is 4. I don't recall what that specialized tool was off the top of my head, but there may be wider support for it these days anyway. Dunno.

Is there more music than just those contained in "music_front_end" and "music_global" then? I only had a quick glance through, but it's not immediately obvious where any other music files, like the old login and build mode ambience, might be stored if not in those two folders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Meticulix
21 hours ago, jamesster said:

Also note that there's a few... that are multichannel MP3s.

0_o

 

Uhhhh... say what now?

Guess it shouldn't surprise me that there's more I'll have to look into than I thought... well it's definitely a start.

 

8 hours ago, JimbobJeffers said:

A tutorial would still be very welcome though I'm sure - the more user-friendly documentation out there, the better!

I think It'd be fun to take a stab at a tutorial, though after what Jamesster said I'm guessing it would be only basic-level; figuring out lossless seems over my head, but you never know ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zorg_Sinister

does it have the full game or is it just a Client ? /:|

Fun fact i was a testplayer for this game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zorg_Sinister

Does this have the Happy Flower software or is it just the game ? (p.s. i know this is an very old post)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jamesster
27 minutes ago, Zorg_Sinister said:

Does this have the Happy Flower software or is it just the game ? (p.s. i know this is an very old post)

That was only in developer clients - or, alpha/early beta clients (which hadn't had developer features stripped out). There's an alpha/early beta client floating around the internet somewhere, dunno where off the top of my head. Try popping into a LU discord server and asking around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zorg_Sinister

The LEGO Group Officially Recognises and Supports Darkflame Lego Universe as of 1. nov. 2020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.