kaitek666

Rock Raiders Remastered

Bast_x3

Someone still working on this remake?
The website is dead which announces nothing good ..

tomfyhr

No, I do not think so. However, I do not know for certain. 

8 minutes ago, Bast_x3 said:

Someone still working on this remake?
The website is dead which announces nothing good ..

Slimy Slug

Give it some time, but a dead website means nothing good.  I hope that this project hasn't ended up in the graveyard of RR remakes, though if the past is any indicator...

It's unfortunately become a pattern with these remakes: announce, get everyone hyped, and drop off the map without an update or release.  Granted, life happens, but at least post SOMETHING to tell us that you had to take a break, or that you cannot continue the project.  A rewrite of this magnitude is no small undertaking and based off of the history of RR remakes, working solo has not seen great results.  

Maybe this remake will buck the trend, but right now it doesn't look like this will happen.

kaitek666

@Best_x3 @tomyfhr @Slimy Slug

Hello!

Sorry I've been inactive. I've been working on the game while RRU was offline and haven't checked on it since then.

I had a serious car accident and that has stopped my development of everything I was working on. After recover and help of psychologists I'm still working on this project, and some other one in the meantime. My website is down because I'm too poor to pay it by myself rn.

Sorry for keeping You all waiting.

Slimy Slug

Welcome back @kaitek666!  I'm glad to hear that you are ok!  

Thank you for updating us on this, and I wish you the best on the remake as well as your other project.

If you need any more testers in the future, I'm willing to volunteer.

Edited by Slimy Slug
Added a sentence

Rock Raider Obsidian

@kaitek666 First off, wow, that really sucks. Car accidents can be serious. Secondly, welcome back. Finally, in regards to the website, you could consider asking for donations around the site, depending on how much it costs to maintain the site. I know I'd be willing to kick in at least some small amount because I *really* want a freaking remaster of Rock Raiders.

Alternatively, you could start up a blog over on blogspot, which is free. I know it's not exactly a replacement for a real website, but it could serve as a kind of stand-in where you can keep people updated.

Anyway, good luck! I hope you make a full and speedy recovery.

Wesley

Hey @kaitek666 if you need something to host your site i know a place were you can host your website for free! Plus i also happen to know a free dns that i'm using too!

Hosting: https://www.skysilk.com/

DNS: http://www.freenom.com/en/index.html

Trough the above services i can host: http://deltabot.tk/

You do need a creditcard to verify on SkySilk, but they never charge your card unless you go for a plan other then FREE. Freenom doesn't even need a card :)

I really dig your style and hope to get enrolled into your beta one day! I've bin a fan of RR since i was little :'D

Hope your things are going better in life for you!

PS: SkySilk is still in beta what means that you can even get a config other then FREE if your into cloud hosting :P

Aligatetcolt

hey if you still need poeple to test your game i would love to help you

bradleybrand

Continue the great work please.

noroco

Is this project still on going? If so i would love to be a tester.

baraklava
On 12/2/2019 at 3:49 AM, noroco said:

Is this project still on going? If so i would love to be a tester.

100% dead. No download was ever given and website disappeared within months. The only proper remake projects active afaik is Manic Miners, Cave Raiders, and LRRR which you can find By browsing the rest of community projects

Edit: To further support my point, if you go to his YouTube channel via his profile, you can see he is now leading a HL3 project, which is where his focus is now