LEGO Worlds PC Bug Fix help - List of what I've tried

Legozebra

Hey all! I've been playing LEGO Worlds since Early Access in 2015, and it's been running stably until the update recently, when it was released to the public. I play it on my gaming PC at home and on my computer when outside the house. Since the update, it's been crashing relentlessly every 10-15 or so minutes (It's gotten to the point where I'm actually timing it because it happens so often). Anyway, I've been semi-dealing with that, and while it is frustrating, it takes a minute to launch back up again and continue from where I left off so it's been ok. However, I made the mistake of running it on battery power on my laptop yesterday, and when my computer reached zero, I was in the process of getting a gold brick when time decreased to slow motion for a good thirty seconds before my computer died. Since then, it's been stuck loading at 11% (and I've tried many different things and it always lands on 11), even when I go to a random world in case the one I was on got corrupted. I've tried a good many things and now I need your assistance, my friends. 

What I've Tried:

- Restoring from previous GAME0.DAT file from earlier that night (Still stops at 11%)

- Uninstalling and reinstalling, and using my old GAME0.DAT file (Still stops at 11%)

- Using QuickBMS to extract my GAME0.DAT files and use those folders manually as the save (Screen goes black after title images)

- Starting from a new game save (I did this just to debug the issue - here's the interesting part - it stays stuck loading the skydiving character customizer at the opening of the game, making me believe that the GAME.DAT file and not the GAME0.DAT file is the one broken)

What I haven't tried:

- Using my GAME0.DAT file on my gaming PC at home (Will give an update when I do)

Any ideas would be very welcome - thanks so much everyone! I really wouldn't want to start over as I had about 600 Discoveries and 80 Gold Bricks, which took me forever to obtain.

lol username

The .dat files don't hold any saved progress, just the game's assets (models, textures, audio, etc). Save data is in C:\Users\[YOUR NAME HERE]\AppData\Roaming\Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment\LEGOWorlds. I can't provide much advice on salvaging your save... Though it looks like the game may make some limited backups:

6Vtr19R.png

Presumably the .OLD files are the previous versions of the save files. The game autosaves frequently though (mine aren't even a minute apart in that screenshot), so I dunno if that'd help you much.

On 3/17/2017 at 8:35 PM, Terrev said:

The .dat files don't hold any saved progress, just the game's assets (models, textures, audio, etc). Save data is in C:\Users\[YOUR NAME HERE]\AppData\Roaming\Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment\LEGOWorlds. I can't provide much advice on salvaging your save... Though it looks like the game may make some limited backups:

6Vtr19R.png

Presumably the .OLD files are the previous versions of the save files. The game autosaves frequently though (mine aren't even a minute apart in that screenshot), so I dunno if that'd help you much.

Thanks so much - imported these into my desktop PC and they worked like a charm. Thanks man!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.