The Brickster's Name + Panic on LEGO Island

lol username

lol username

Were there ever topics on this stuff? I can't find one but I remember discussing it with some people.

Anyway. This piece from the Xtreme Tower set has actual printing on it:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=30161pb01&idColor=20#T=C&C=20

While I don't own the set, I once saw a picture of the piece (in a MOC) clear enough to make out the text. While looking for it again today I came across this topic on a Swedish LEGO forum about exactly this:

http://www.swebrick.se/index.php?topic=10027.0

As you can see there, the text on the computer reads:

NAME
BRICKSTER AKA BJARKE
WANTED FOR
GRAND THEFT PIZZA

Bjarke is a Danish name, my guess is whoever designed the print put it in as some sort of joke about somebody at LEGO.

It's also slightly odd as in Denmark, the Brickster was named Kim Cool:

Ed5eYIz.jpg

You'd think they'd say "aka Kim Cool" on that computer piece, especially given the reference to Denmark immediately after, but ah well.

Speaking of Danish names... There's an often repeated trivia fact on misc websites (and I think a DK book or two) saying "1997 saw the minifig’s official entry into the digital realm, starring in the videogame Panic on Lego Island". It seems that was the name in Denmark, for at least some copies... But in Danish of course.

zcQWt0j.png

The game was also going to be named "Adventures on LEGO Island" in English before they decided to shorten it, IIRC it was advertised by that name in a LEGO Mania Magazine or two and it was also alluded to in-game by Dr Clickitt (he makes a joke about being so busy they could have their own game, "Adventures in LEGO Hospital" or something). I've heard it was still called by that name in other languages, but I don't remember if it was verified or not. Doesn't seem unlikely though, given the Danish name.

• 4 years later...
lol username
On 3/12/2017 at 5:03 PM, lol username said:

Bjarke is a Danish name, my guess is whoever designed the print put it in as some sort of joke about somebody at LEGO.

Update:

https://brickset.com/sets/designer-Bjarke-Lykke-Madsen

The set was designed by Bjarke Lykke Madsen, and according to him on that bricklist, the decorations were done by Henrik Andersen. Mystery solved?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, lol username said:

Update:

https://brickset.com/sets/designer-Bjarke-Lykke-Madsen

The set was designed by Bjarke Lykke Madsen, and according to him on that bricklist, the decorations were done by Henrik Andersen. Mystery solved?

Also, in the latin american spanish version of the first Lego Island game, the Brickster is called Bloko Tosco

• 5 months later...
berry-pepper-roni
On 3/12/2017 at 8:03 PM, lol username said:

and it was also alluded to in-game by Dr Clickitt (he makes a joke about being so busy they could have their own game, "Adventures in LEGO Hospital" or something)

"We're so busy we should be our own title! ADVENTURES IN THE LEGO HOSPITAL! The ambulance is outside!"

Ur welcome :)

• 3 weeks later...
Cyberbrickmaster86

I somehow never questioned The Brickster's name. I was always able to identify it as a brick pun for trickster, and boy were there a lot of brick puns in the first game! I did however wondered what the D in Captain D Rom stood for. I know E Mail was confirmed to be Ed Mail in the sequels, but since D Rom never appeared in the sequels, we never got confirmation from the sources. I thought about some possibilities until the name: Daniel stuck in my mind, as he kind of looks like we would be named Daniel. So even though it's not official, since I made it up over time, I still like to think that he could've been called: Captain Daniel Rom.

On 9/12/2021 at 1:29 PM, berry-pepper-roni said:

"We're so busy we should be our own title! ADVENTURES IN THE LEGO HOSPITAL! The ambulance is outside!"

"Here's your hat!" Did you know Dr. Clickitt in Spanish is named Dr. Pulsarín, except the sequels?

Cool info... Thanks for the link to Bjarke's work. I am in disbelief at how many iconic and personally important sets he designed and is still designing!

• 2 weeks later...
berry-pepper-roni
On 10/3/2021 at 6:18 AM, Cyberbrickmaster86 said:

even though it's not official, since I made it up over time, I still like to think that he could've been called: Captain Daniel Rom.

I headcanon his name being Captain Donovan Rom, after one of my classmates at school.

On 10/3/2021 at 2:53 PM, LegoFan13 said:

"Here's your hat!" Did you know Dr. Clickitt in Spanish is named Dr. Pulsarín, except the sequels?

i n t e r e s t i n g

we should definitely talk on discord

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.