LEGO Island 2 GBC Engine 2017 Remake

lu9

Hey guys! I'm back... wow, I haven't been here in quite a LONG while, haven't I?

Well, a while ago, in 2014, I decided to try my hand at remaking the basics of the

LEGO Island 2 GBC engine using GameMaker... however it wasn't that good... BUT now that I got a lot

better at programming (and there's GameMaker Studio)

I decided to "revive" my engine, and try making it as accurate as possible.

CURRENT FEATURES

• Full Pepper movement including regular & blue pizza chukka, skateboard and boat
  • The entire Island (with maps ripped by Aparkee)
  • All cards (courtesy of mumboking) with an ACTUALLY fair random system unlike the "Achu curse" RNG mess in the real GBC version smh
  • Talking NPCs (the ones that move are still a little glitchy)
  • Animated water and sharks

PLANNED FEATURES:

• Better depth system
  • All other maps from the game
  • Fixed glitches of course
  • Basic "quests" system (like the shark food at Phanta Sea)
  • Multiple playable characters (?)
  • More cards (?)

SCREENSHOTS:

C5vSjd8XEAExFRH.jpg

iFa6s2K.gif

ImbaLss.gif

C6wUXDiW0AYflNe.jpg

DOWNLOAD DEMO

CONTROLS:

Arrow Keys - Move

Space - "A" Button (shoot & talk)

Z - "B" Button (switch to skate mode)

Backspace - "Select" Button (go to cards screen)

Alt+Enter - Fullscreen

F2 - Restart

PageDown - Reset collected cards & chests (Debug key)

V - Go through solid objects ("no clip") (Debug key)

lol username

I'd been toying around with the idea of taking this and turning it into an entirely new game (I poked you on Twitter about it a little while back, on my old account), cool to see you're revisiting it. Maybe once you get it to the point where it's a solid base for this sorta game I could make those ideas a reality, hm...

1 hour ago, Terrev said:

I'd been toying around with the idea of taking this and turning it into an entirely new game (I poked you on Twitter about it a little while back, on my old account), cool to see you're revisiting it. Maybe once you get it to the point where it's a solid base for this sorta game I could make those ideas a reality, hm...

yea, I thought about that! Maybe something like an "extended" version of it, or a version more similar to the PC storyline, or Island Xtreme Stunts in GBC form... or a completely different and original game.

___

I've also noticed several of the NPCs in the game have walking animations for 4 directions, and thought of the possibility of, say, playing as The Infomaniac,

or playing as the characters that would be playable in the first LI (Nick, Laura, Papa and Mama)

But I'd need to rip these sprites, and that could be a little hard...

---

ALSO I forgot to say - some names on the cards were "fixed" and "rearranged", so nothing is misaligned, and now instead of "Pepper", it's "Pepper Roni",

Instead of "Brickster" and "Infomaniac", it's "THE Brickster" and "THE Infomaniac", and Miss Pippin Reed's name was also fixed from "Miss Pippin READ"

And there's even an extra, special card...

EDIT:

"Duplicating Peppers" glitch fixed!

Okay, this demo is kinda fun.

JB5at0v.png     UMJOzPf.png

(I also like the way how if you move, say towards the upper-left on the skateboard then switch to moving towards the upper-right, Pepper's skateboard drifts. I don't know if that was in the origianl game, but its fun to abuse).

Just one thing;

TPpeXr2.jpg

This area, which is just a long vertical stretch of road, well... there is nothing to stop Pepper rolling off the screen on the right, potentially getting lost forever.

1 hour ago, Ben24x7 said:

Okay, this demo is kinda fun.

JB5at0v.png     UMJOzPf.png

(I also like the way how if you move, say towards the upper-left on the skateboard then switch to moving towards the upper-right, Pepper's skateboard drifts. I don't know if that was in the origianl game, but its fun to abuse).

Just one thing;

TPpeXr2.jpg

This area, which is just a long vertical stretch of road, well... there is nothing to stop Pepper rolling off the screen on the right, potentially getting lost forever.

the skateboard thing wasn't intentional, but I really dunno how I would change that to be more accurate. But it doesn't hurt...

Now, that area has 2 issues - that, and the "water fences"

I'll fix them soon :P

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.