Robin Hood original back-shield (replaces)

Giacomo1496

Hi, like you know I like to mod this game, especially for swapping cars or however to try to obtain AI's original cars.  So in the meanwhile I've had the idea to decode Robin Hood bricks, to cut off and to substitute the dragon's back-shield in "midelset" file that is both in gamedata/common and in menutadata/piecedb.  Here's the link, however I'm working on swapping AI's cars and I tried a lot of things, I hope to find a way soon. 

Download: https://www.rockraidersunited.com/files/dl-r478/

30m4mts.jpgkey8801a3ff571c7958350497c116

Edited by Slimy Slug
Fixed image and download
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Giacomo1496

I've just checked for the link i posted to be sure that it was correct and it is.It is the right file you have to paste in the folders i said.You probably haven't recompiled the .jam file.You have to move the Lego folder,you have previously extracted and put in the .exe jambuilder.After this you surely have to see the effects ;)

PS:Sorry i forgot to quote your post ^^

Giacomo1496
On 3/13/2017 at 3:14 PM, Ajax said:

What lego folder?

When you download the jam builder and you extract in the lego's directory,you have to move the file "LEGO.JAM" in the jambuilder.exe.Then it will extract this folder

eqwkcx.jpgkey757dea8758a49b082df27ffff25

You have to put for example "midelset" in both gamedata/common and menudata/piecedb(that are both in the lego folder in the pic).Then move this folder in the jambuilder.exe and it will recompile the game.You have to do this procedure of recompiling for every mod you istall,if you have my version,1999.Some mods don't need to put elements in both folders,for example Oboe Shoes additional bricks mod needs only to be extracted in menudata/piecedb.

Edited by Slimy Slug
Fixed image embed

18 hours ago, Giacomo1496 said:

Then move this folder in the jambuilder.exe and it will recompile the game.You have to do this procedure of recompiling for every mod you istall,if you have my version,1999.

You don't even need to recompile the JAM. If you have the 1999 version it can run with extracted files.

If you have the 2001 version, you can put an empty JAM in it's place and it will load extracted files.

Inside your LEGO Racers folder should be:

(Folder) "GAMEDATA" (Extracted from the JAM)

(Folder) "MENUDATA" (Extracted from the JAM)

(File, Empty) "LEGO.JAM" (But only if using the 2001 version.)

Giacomo1496
5 hours ago, mumboking said:

You don't even need to recompile the JAM. If you have the 1999 version it can run with extracted files.

If you have the 2001 version, you can put an empty JAM in it's place and it will load extracted files.

Inside your LEGO Racers folder should be:

(Folder) "GAMEDATA" (Extracted from the JAM)

(Folder) "MENUDATA" (Extracted from the JAM)

(File, Empty) "LEGO.JAM" (But only if using the 2001 version.)

Sorry but in the 1999 version if i don't recompile the .JAM i don't see the effects of the mod.The game run but with the last .bak save.

2 hours ago, Giacomo1496 said:

Sorry but in the 1999 version if i don't recompile the .JAM i don't see the effects of the mod.The game run but with the last .bak save.

Delete or rename the JAM so the game won't try to load from it.

Giacomo1496
4 hours ago, mumboking said:

Delete or rename the JAM so the game won't try to load from it.

Ah ok,thank you.I'll do this.

• 8 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.