New RRU Minecraft Server Thread

Shadow322

Oh wow that is cool looking. Heads up if anyone wants creative mode I figured out how to do it, been playing with creative for like 2 weeks now.

• 2 weeks later...

I would also like to play in Creative mode.

By the way: Is it also possible to enable players to switch between modes on their own (in case, that one mode got too boring)? Though in that case one could just request a switch to another mode.

P.S.: I occasionally visit the server and I got the impression, that it isn't active. Like at all.

P.P.S.: Is there a reason, why the server is version 1.10? It may make sense to upgrade to something like snapshot 17w06a of version 1.12, because that one introduced concrete blocks, which look a bit like the colored wool blocks, but they don't burn: http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Concrete

People would have to activate betastuff though or make a custom a custon profile (which you have to do anyway to visit the server, because it is version 1.10).

P.P.P.S.: I tested the concrete blocks in the latest snapshot and they are a nice addon since the colors are more uniform and the black concrete block is really dark when you put a torch next to it (maybe you can use that for optical illusions etc.).

Well i personally don't like playing in snapshots, can't get into it constantly changing is all So I wait for the full version release. You would have to ask Spark about it honestly.

As for changing to creative mode, Yeah, I could change players, just let me know what to type since I only know how to change my own game mode.

Lastly.... yeah, the server is pretty inactive sad to say. I wanna say it was better before cause people probably just had more free time and the starting area felt more maintained. The creative map was centered around a desert village while the survival map was near a swamp with low dense treeage. This map I feel is too dense with large hills and big trees, it would be like trying to settle in a jungle biome for the first time, sorta a pain in the rear.

I might ask Spark if he still has any old world seeds.

• Like 1

The snapshots will probably only be an issue, if you use the option to always use the most recent snapshot instead of using an older one.

I checked the minecraft wiki: http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Commands#gamemode

So basicly you would have to type the following stuff to change my mode, if I understood it correctly:

gamemode creative Arthuriel

or:

gamemode creative [Arthuriel]

The tree issue could be solved by burning the trees down xD or by putting the spawn somewhere else, if that works.

Yeah, I checked the link* to the minecraft wiki again and there are also a ton of other commands, including setting the spawn.

*the one in my previous post

Neat. We should plan this out some more however, don't want some to die and then respawn thousands of miles away and loose all there stuff.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have seen this a while ago. A nice addition to the server :). I check every day or two, if someone is on the server, but sadly I haven't seen another person in ages (measured in weeks or rather months) and since I don't have a good idea for a server project either, I haven't really done something on the server in weeks (or even months?).

[ EDIT 2: Never mind, the problem was on my end. ]

I haven't touched the server in a LONG time - mainly because I have been busy with life, and partially because I've lost interest in Minecraft - but I might try playing on the server today.

My apologies guys, life has been super busy lately so I haven't had a chance to go hunting for another spawn location. Really feel like I've been letting you guys down a lot, especially Sparks since he's the one paying for the server and nobody seems to be using it.

You don't have to feel bad. I mainly check the server out of curiosity. If something happens: Cool. If not: It's not the end of the world (since I don't have a good idea for project anyway)^^.

See I keep reminding myself of the creative desert map we had way back when I first came back to the server, that place was cool. There were cool builds and structures people kept putting time into, space ships, arenas, weird things, a village, minigames, a stronghold, ruins, buildings, trainstations, a sky city and more.

So much cool stuff and people coming on regularly to do stuff, the only real issue was how crowded it all was, but it was still cool!

That's the kind of situation i want it to be, there were so much to that map that i loved and its only now in hindsight that i miss ir so dearly. If we could get that desert map back before it was switched out for the previous survival map, or even the same map seed as the desert then that would be so nostalgic for me.

Yeah, I remember that map. In one of my RRU galleries I still have early pictures of the village with some of my farms:

(I think, that this map and the one after that were hosted by Jimbob Jeffers. Or was it Xiron in one case?).

edit: I checked the previous Minecraft threads and I found the one, in which Jimbob announced the closure of the server (which was turned into creative mode later on), that you mentioned and the one after that (which was survival only):

Maybe someone still has the creative mode map since the download link (on page 40) doesn't work anymore because this was ~2 years ago.

Hopefully someone has it, I certainly don't. Also I had forgoten that Jimbob hosted that server, has anyone seen him recently?

I still wish after all this time that I could have given a tour of the restored stronghold, I wanna say I spent like 3-4 weeks restoring and adding onto it with smaller village projects like automatic light up roads, a mini-rollercoaster and more ruins being used to break up the monotony of my restoration venture. It was fun though figuring out how each room of the stronghold, pre-existing and totally new would connect here and there in a sorta insane labyrinth sorta way, also helped me reach my current thoughts on strongholds, that they need to be revamped in a huge way.

But back on topic, I would love to play that map once more, there was just a sorta charm to it in my opinion.

I finally found a project for the Minecraft server: I am building a plaza around the spawn (I still have to do some things like planting trees). The area is way more open now (there were so many trees and hills) and you can still get out of the spawn.

The Ace Railgun
2 hours ago, Arthuriel said:

I finally found a project for the Minecraft server: I am building a plaza around the spawn (I still have to do some things like planting trees). The area is way more open now (there were so many trees and hills) and you can still get out of the spawn.

Good, then I won't die every 5min if I spawn in the server at night. :P

Cool, I will try to be on later then.

(Correction, I will be on tomorrow)

Edited by Shadow322

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.