Game not working in W10 (DDRAW.dll, DSOUND.dll)

Nestar

Hi!

I've tried out some guides (except launching in a VM, I'd like to avoid that) but never seemed to figure out what to do when these two errors appear:

2.PNG

1.PNG

Any ideas? :o

uhhhh see if you can download those DLLs and put them in that directory? I've never seen the game ask for those before so no idea what this is about.

DSOUND.dll and DDRAW.dll don't normally turn up in your LRR directory anyway... however, they're lurking under LRRdisk\DirectX6\DirectX6\Directx ....

.... is it possible to install the version of DirectX that came with LRR? (You should be able to run the executable straight off your disk. It's version 6).... although for me, Win10 complains that DXMedia.exe "can't run on your PC." In fact, none of the DirectX executables do.

Thus, it appears there are three options:

1) Install DX6 if you possibly can.

2) Grab those DLLs off your disk and shove them in your game directory.

3) Get somebody on RRU to upload those DLLs if they can't be found anywhere else - I've got a functioning LRR copy so can get 'em for you if needed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.