I need some help with a mod I want to create, please.

Brickticks

So, I just wanted to ask if there was any way anybody here could help me with a mod I want to develop for Legoland.  The mod is supposed to decrease the amount of space each ride takes up on the free play limiter bar, allowing for each ride to be selected all at the same time, while also adding the unused Log Flume Drop, Rope Climb Ride, and Water Works Dryer.  Basically, the Rope Climb Ride and Water Works Dryer should be there from the start, and the Log Flume Drop should be re-added to Level 4, where it was supposed to go before its unfortunate, if not somewhat odd, removal from the game.  (I say the Log Flume Drop's removal was odd since the game still has the Log Flume Drop listed in its level script, which makes me think it may have been removed by accident).  This mod should also not interfer with any of the sounds, game, or its ability to run smoothly.  Also, a guide for installing the mod would be great.  Thanks.  Rockatoa, Brickticks out!

• 8 months later...

As far as I currently understand, the Freeplay mode selection system is hardcoded. The Freeplay level itself has an associated script, and the scripts are plaintext, but I've yet to successfully make a change to a script that was then reflected in the game (likely to do with RES(ource) file packing and the game always trying to pull data from the CD).

• 1 year later...
liamfromdonny

Bump to this.

I'm a complete layman when it comes to modding. Having recently downloaded LL for the first time in years - I'd love to know if what OP has suggested is possible in absolutely any way? My biggest frustration with the game when I was younger was that there was no possible way of having an "unlimited park" - i.e. making all attractions available in free build. I thought that the free play limiter bar was just a complete crock of poo, and a hindrance to the enjoyability of the game.

None of the tutorials have every attraction available either, it's just plain upsetting. Don't suppose there's any progress on this?

The Legoland modding scene is.... rather quiet compared to the wealth of information available for LRR and LR1.

Your best bet is to try yourself! Anyone can mod! Take a look around here, unpack the data with this, and apparently you might be able to find some of the level scripts which you might be able to play around with. Make backups whenever possible, and have fun!

Welcome @liamfromdonny.  Like aidenpons mentioned, LEGOLAND modding is really just beginning. A month ago I released a tool to rebuild its archives, which is a starting point.

We now need to learn about the files within the archives, which you are certainly welcome to help with. Just experiement with modifying the files and post your findings.

liamfromdonny

Wow, I wasn't expecting responses so soon! You guys really are an active community.

I'd certainly be interested. My issue being that like I say, I've never known how to create or edit mods for any game, and I don't really have much of a "code" background or anything.

But it's intriguing to know that people are still on top of this. I'm certainly interested and I'll have a look into the files myself (even though I'm not expecting to achieve much at this stage)

Thanks guys!

5 hours ago, liamfromdonny said:

My issue being that like I say, I've never known how to create or edit mods for any game, and I don't really have much of a "code" background or anything.

Nor did any of us when we started :P Admittedly, Legoland modding is still on the "technical" side of things whereas LRR is more like "Want to do something? There's a tool for that!"

That said, with your idea for a mod in particular apparently the script files are still in plain text inside the .RES archive. You should be able to play around and get something done!

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/23/2019 at 5:46 AM, liamfromdonny said:

Bump to this.

I'm a complete layman when it comes to modding. Having recently downloaded LL for the first time in years - I'd love to know if what OP has suggested is possible in absolutely any way? My biggest frustration with the game when I was younger was that there was no possible way of having an "unlimited park" - i.e. making all attractions available in free build. I thought that the free play limiter bar was just a complete crock of poo, and a hindrance to the enjoyability of the game.

None of the tutorials have every attraction available either, it's just plain upsetting. Don't suppose there's any progress on this?

It's hardly a mod, but there are some cheats that might help:

IMPROVISE

>> Turns on freeplay mode.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.