"Loose Rock" | Rock Raiders Remake (Also, Hello!)

BergerBytes

Well I use Firefox but I guess Mozilla is gonna drop support for a bunch of stuff soon like Silverlight and some other adobe plugins, I already can't watch some things on my computer. I'm thinking the best I can do is send a link to this to my brother's computer, he at least has Win7.

sheepandshepherd
2 hours ago, Shadow322 said:

Well I use Firefox but I guess Mozilla is gonna drop support for a bunch of stuff soon like Silverlight and some other adobe plugins, I already can't watch some things on my computer. I'm thinking the best I can do is send a link to this to my brother's computer, he at least has Win7.

Those aren't needed for Unity. You could check the WebGL compatibility section of the Unity docs, but it's not gonna be easy to figure out what's missing. XP is supposedly still supported.

3 hours ago, sheepandshepherd said:

Those aren't needed for Unity. You could check the WebGL compatibility section of the Unity docs, but it's not gonna be easy to figure out what's missing. XP is supposedly still supported.

I'm just not gonna put up with all the fuss, I'll use my brother's computer.

EDIT:

So I did just that and I have to say the game has some good potential, enough so that we might be able to build a fairly good speritual succesor to the original game, though we'd have to make all original textures and models, anyone have training in those?

6 hours ago, Shadow322 said:

Like I said, it's WinXP. It has nothing to do with Fx dropping plugin support. WebGL is based on OpenGL, and OpenGL requires support from your GPU. It's likely your OpenGL support is limited (I doubt AMD/nvidia has taken the effort to backport such new technology to a 16 yr old, unsupported OS) and as a result, you can't play it.  We're back to my original post:

On 2/7/2017 at 9:00 PM, le717 said:

It's because you're using Windows XP.

Mystery solved. :)

• Like 3

I just keep looking at this in awe and wishing I could do this in Axel's Mod.  I'd love shadows!  Are you going to add bumpmapping and other lighting/dynamic lights?  Light from the lava?

Hi BergerBytes,

I've been waiting for someone like you to do a proper remake of the game. If you'd let me I'd like to help you :)

I'd like to set up the documentation around your project, like a to do list with diagrams, charts, mind maps etc. Also I work a lot with function charts, state transition diagrams and data context diagrams, especially designing them for programs. It'll take a lot of your thinking time away and will help you focus more on creating the game. Even though I've never been any good at advanced or usable programming, my study consists for 1/3 of Software Engineering, so I can think like a software engineer/programmer ;) 

In the case that you are willing to let me help you I can help you the same way a secretary manages the work of a boss/CEO, but then on a more cooperative level. You can reply via PM, in this thread but I'd much more appreciate it via cas.giepmans(at)gmail.com

Looking forward to helping you :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/3/2017 at 4:02 PM, BergerBytes said:

Sorry for the lack of updates! Work has been extra busy lately. 8S 

its okay  its live, love your work <3 

DarkianMaker

How did this manage to fly past my radar? This is an awesome project and the progress made already on playability goes beyond what I currently have (given, I tend to get sucked up in work and other projects as well). I'm thrilled to see this project progress (+ seeing someone else making a remake with the original GUI in it makes me not feel so bad about creating a new GUI from scratch :P )

• 1 month later...

Hey I just played Drill Night on this - it's pretty good, although the raiders get stuck on the bottom left corner of the toolstore a lot. :P (But then the AI & smoothed nature of the project beats mine so who am I to talk ;D )

I hope you haven't given up on this project. :)

• 3 weeks later...
BergerBytes

@Rogod Thanks! And yeah, The pathfinding is definitely rough. Really just enough to develop other systems. Haven't given up but since starting it I've moved from a developer job to the lead engineer on a new product. My time free for personal projects has definitely taken a hit. Checked out your project, looking good!

Also, wow, so many remakes now haha. 

• 5 months later...
3 hours ago, Bast_x3 said:

Where is the project today? Is there a successful remake of the game at the moment?

By the looks of things, its on hold. @BergerBytes works with unity professionally, and this was just a learning side project. So more than likely, his other projects have the focus.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.