Graphics and screenshot issue

ReflectedMantis

ReflectedMantis

I just got a new PC (Windows 10), about a month ago. I installed lego racers on it. It runs fine, but I ran into an issue.

Some of the textures are glitched. Like the trees' leaves invisible texture will not show anything behind them other than the skybox. And the area aound the moon of dark forest dash's race selection screen is blue. those are just a few examples.

I trued to take screenshots of the texture issues, but when I went to upload them, I found that it just shows the race map (The one that appears before the race begins). I was using the Prt Sc button.

Spoiler

Here are the images. Sorry about the bright spot, I couldn't turn off the flashing light when I take the picture, and this was the only other way of showing you

DFD_Texture_problem.jpg

P_20170114_201443_BF.jpg

P_20170114_201416_BF.jpg

P_20170114_201741_BF.jpg

There could be alot more examples I could show you, but I only have the first circut yet.

Have you looked at similar topics?

As for screenshots, the game should save bmp formatted screenshots in the same folder as its exe when you press print screen. Try checking there.

ReflectedMantis

Thank you for showing me that topic, I'll try it as soon as I get a chance.

36 minutes ago, Terrev said:

As for screenshots, the game should save bmp formatted screenshots in the same folder as its exe when you press print screen. Try checking there.

I knew where the screenshots are located, they are just not saving the proper image. they just show the track map that it's shown before the race begins 

13 hours ago, TheBerg said:

Sorry about the bright spot, I couldn't turn off the flashing light when I take the picture

Tape a piece of paper over the flash. I can barely tell what's wrong in those screenshots as they are.

(You can see what's going wrong in the first screenshot - look at the moon).

Looks like the transparency's acting up... You are running as admin & with compatibility for WinXP?

On 3/15/2016 at 8:29 PM, aidenpons said:

Update - Adding -alphatrans fixed the problem :D Thank you Mumbo & Le!

That is, create a shortcut and in the Target box add -alphatrans . That may help with at least something.

ReflectedMantis
13 hours ago, aidenpons said:

Looks like the transparency's acting up... You are running as admin & with compatibility for WinXP?

On 3/15/2016 at 3:29 AM, aidenpons said:

Update - Adding -alphatrans fixed the problem :D Thank you Mumbo & Le!

That is, create a shortcut and in the Target box add -alphatrans . That may help with at least something.

Thank you. Running it in Win XP compatibility didn't work, but adding -alphatrans fixed the issue. :D

• 1 year later...

I'm reviving this topic just for a few people who don't know what they are doing.

If your experiencing graphical issues like bad and blocky textures on LR1, Follow these steps:

1. Go to Lego racers from my documents

2. Right click LEGORacers.exe and select Create Shortcut (It will make a new folder saying LEGORacers - Shortcut)

3. Right click LEGORacers - Shortcut and Select Properties

4. Look for the tab at the top that says Shortcut. If its auto selected, look for the target bar and enter -alphatrans (No need to delete or modify the link that was added on the target bar)

5. Check picture, if its good, enjoy your game, if not, escalate to the admins from rru ?

BTW, special thanks to the people who post this topic years ago. I just got my new Win10 laptop and have the same problem but its easily fixed by just adding

-alphatrans

Hope this helps, thanks

14 hours ago, dy_enforcer said:

I'm reviving this topic just for a few people who don't know what they are doing.

If your experiencing graphical issues like bad and blocky textures on LR1, Follow these steps:

1. Go to Lego racers from my documents

2. Right click LEGORacers.exe and select Create Shortcut (It will make a new folder saying LEGORacers - Shortcut)

3. Right click LEGORacers - Shortcut and Select Properties

4. Look for the tab at the top that says Shortcut. If its auto selected, look for the target bar and enter -alphatrans (No need to delete or modify the link that was added on the target bar)

5. Check picture, if its good, enjoy your game, if not, escalate to the admins from rru ?

BTW, special thanks to the people who post this topic years ago. I just got my new Win10 laptop and have the same problem but its easily fixed by just adding

-alphatrans

Hope this helps, thanks

While you're at it you may want to add -novideo at the end of the Target box as well as that may prevent stupid things from going on with the cutscenes that start at the beginning of the game (circuit race intros and outros etc are unaffected). Compatibility for XP SP2 and admin rights usually fix the "Unable to set message drain" error, and it can't hurt to throw them on.

Great to have that in a single post though!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.