I can't believe the LMBs are freaking dead

emily

It's... odd, and surprising, to see them go. Huh. But not entirely unexpected, as it is now very easy to connect with anyone if you try hard enough thanks to the Internet.

WhiteAlligator: Users should take the time between now and March 6 to save any content they wish to retain after the boards are closed. All message boards content will be irretrievable after the March 6 closure.

I'd quite like to retain at least something. Even if only to laugh at. l405G.jpg

18 hours ago, Lind Whisperer said:

Wow... O.o

The what...?

*Googles*

https://www.lego.com/en-us/life

So...LEGO Instagram? :blink:

Is that Life of George or something?

... no

no it isn't

• 1 month later...

I only used the LMBs to connect with games I played way back when, such as The Robot Chronicles. They were still a defining part of Lego.com, though, and I'll miss them.

Since someone mentioned Professor Brickkeeper, I have a question about him. It's said that he appears in Lego Universe, but I've never actually seen him in-game.

What was his purpose there?

He never appeared in-game - there aren't even any indications he was in earlier versions (and most early NPCs were never removed). His home was Nexus City, though, which was never developed into an in-game world beyond some very rough prototyping, so it's unsurprising.

• 4 weeks later...

Since the LMBs are properly being taken offline today, I'mma just cross-post my very last post on there in this topic. It's a tad sugarcoated in places so the LMB mods would let it through, but it's still quite relevant I guess:

Y'know, I've never really been an avid user of the LMBs.

After doing a couple of posts on here, I forgot about the place for a while, then rediscovered it for a bit before finding out about more adult and mature LEGO forums such as Eurobricks, Brickset's Forum, RRU, etc etc. Over there, the LMBs were seen as a joke, a laughing stock due to how immature and outright daft some of the post content was over here... and, y'know, in several ways they were right. Amongst the wider LEGO community, the LMBs were pretty much a punchline and many of us (me included) came on here every now and again to leave silly comments in topics. All this said, you'd probably expect me to say that I ain't gonna miss these forums one bit...

...and you're wrong. In fact, It's actually a bit sad to see this place go for a couple of reasons.

For one thing, this place has been around for, what, 13-14 years now? It's practically a piece of LEGO-dot-com history by now, and just losing all that for a facebook-esque LEGO app is a bit sad in my eyes. Although times do change, it's always sad to say goodbye to those you leave behind.

Secondly, and this is gonna be a really weird metaphor so stay with me on this one, this place and the forums that actively took the mickey outta here are sorta like a ying-yang to eachother. Although we think this place is a bit silly and absurd 99% of the time, without the LMBs... we wouldn't really be here. For quite a lot of us, the LMBs were the first stepping stone for us towards the wider internet and various other LEGO forums, so if this place wasn't here back when we were small we'd be very different people. It feels weird saying this, but... this place made us who we are. 

See ya on the other side lads.

- Jay9296

P.S: LDD's final boss was inside our hearts all along.

Now, more than ever, (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> ţh€я€ ɨ$ ɲ๏β๏ď¥ ℓ€ƒţ ţ๏ $ą¥ ¥๏µя ƒąɲƒɨȼ ɨ$ ǥ๏๏ď -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)

• Like 2

Yeah, if it weren't for the LMBs, I probably wouldn't be posting here right now...

Also it looks like some parts of the community got together and started archiving as much of the boards as possible and made a pseudo-replacement boards as well...

http://legomessage.boards.net/

EDIT: Wow the LMBs are still up right now at 3:09 on March 7, 2017 UTC.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.