Christmas loot thread 2016

The Ace Railgun

The Ace Railgun

Figured i'd put up a Christmas loot thread. You know the drill post things you either already got or know yer getting here. Then add on to it when Christmas day rolls around in your country.

So far for me:

-Monies

-Spare pair of Bluetooth earbuds

-LEGO Collectable minifigs

-50 year calendar

-Pokemon Moon (got with early Christmas monies)

-Probably underwear or various shirts

-Kubo and the Two Strings on Blu-Ray

-Technically my PC that I got earlier this year (See PC Build blarg)

-Bluetooth Bone conduction headphones (earlier this year)

-Phillips Hue lights

-Physical copy of Obduction

-Japan themed stickers

-FTL: Faster Than Light (from Aidepons)

I got a lot of bigger things earlier in the year that I needed, like my computer so Christmas it's self was relatively small for me.

• Like 2

Okay, Christmas gifts!

STUFF I GOT FOR CHRISTMAS:

- Two pairs of pyjamas (two shirts, two trousers)

- A puzzle box containing a lot of money (I spent fifteen minutes unable to open the bloody thing before I went searching for instructions on how to solve it)

- Gingerbread (all cooked by my sister for the first time. Here is a picture of 'em, all labelled to help you understand who is who)

Spoiler

Xq2mJPz.jpg

(At the time of writing this, I'm afraid Johnny Thunder and the 'Generic Minifigure' are already dead)

- "Pixel Space" Colouring Book (okay, I am probably too old for this stuff, but it's a cute idea nonetheless)

- A DVD collection of Mr Bean Skits (well, like the Red Dwarf DVD pack/collection I got last year, this'll keep me occupied for months)

STUFF I'M GETTING FOR CHRISTMAS (BUT MIGHT BE A LITTLE LATE, DELIVERY-WISE):

- A Jebediah Kerman plushie

MISCELLANEOUS STUFF:

- The original Portal (I purchased it on the 23rd, as it was on a Steam sale, I had a little bit of money on my account, and I really, really wanted that game)

- A handy tiny sketchbook (its one of those things you get in Crackers, but unlike pointless plastic stuff such as spinning-tops 'n' tiny hair combs, its actually pretty useful for me since I draw things at a small scale all of the time)

• Like 1

I got quite some nice stuff as gifts this year.

Lego:

- clone turbo tank

- First order troop lander

- Krenics shuttle

- General Grevious build able figure

- battle on takadonia

- AT-ST 

- Obiwan starfighter and droid escape pod

- 6 Battlepacks (2 galactic empire, 2 First order, 1 Geonosis clones, 1 resistance)

Steam wallet gift card and Amazon gift card

Just Cause 3 with DLC

Yugioh Invasion: Vengence boosterbox

Terminator Genesis DVD

Rogue-1 Movie tickets

• Like 1

Fluffy Cupcake

I still have yet to go to bed, so no gifts for me yet. :3 (I was gonna wait till 6:30 AM to post, but I want to go to bed early on this night)

I have no idea what I'm getting this year, pony t-shirts maybe?

Edit: Well after getting only 2 hours of sleep tonight [got interrupted for gifts] I got a pony tee, a winter coat, and a cordless clipper for cutting my own hair, and that's it. My list feels small next to you guy's. ._. (but I'm okay with it)

• Like 2

Let's see here...

• Headphones
  • Star Wars: TFA DVD
  • Carmex
  • Some other type of lipbalm
  • New electric razor
  • Chick-fil-A calendar
  • Backpack
  • A warm jacket
  • A Raspberry Pi Zero Scroll pHAT kit

The last one was from my brother. I was totally speechless when I opened it. I was not expecting that at all. It was... wow. Now I get to find something to code :D

• Like 2

I got:

-bionicles

-special bionicle mask

-this

Also have a couple of things coming in the mail still!

-this set from the promotion that got me into lego

-these two (not lego)

-super secret set I'm going to post a review of

I do have a bit of cash still from relatives but I don't know what I'll use it for yet. 

• Like 3

ProfessorBrickkeeper

Hmmm... let me see...

-Rain-check for Assembly Square

-The LEGO Batman Movie Batmobile

-The LEGO Movie Double-Decker Couch

-Rain-check for LEGO City Undercover Remaster

-LEGO Dimensions Green Arrow x2

-LEGO Dimensions Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Story Pack

-LEGO Dimensions Tina Goldstein, E.T. Fun Packs

-LEGO Dimensions Gremlins Team Pack

-More LEGO Sorting Shelves

-Candy

-Christmas Monies

So, overall, quite a nice Christmas for me!

• Like 1

Hmmmm! Let's see.

• Bluetooth Headphones
  • Samsung Galaxy Phone (Got it early because phone was dying rip)
  • Nintendo 2DS
  • Super Smash Bros for Nintendo 3DS
  • Steam stuffz
  • Got to see ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY AT THEATER!!! :D
  • Like 2

Mm, let's see...

• More chocolate than I deserve
  • An 8-bit Link amiibo
  • Lego Star Wars Microfighters Ghost
  • Lego Speed Champions Porsche 918
  • a Lego Jango Fett flashlight
  • Like 1

Not a bad haul so far this year

• Buncha Captain America swag (figurines, socks, poster)
  • Brown leather jacket
  • LEGO City starter set
  • classic LEGO Star Wars X-Wing from 2006 (set #6212) - unopened
  • Brickbeard's Bounty - unopened
  • A classic Castle set from the 90's I'd guess, just the set but no instruction booklet or box. Kept together all these years apparently. I'll have to look more into which one it is.
  • the old LEGO board Game "Race 3000" - missing a few red 1x1x1/3 smooth plates for the die
  • $40 Subway giftcard

So I have been thoroughly spoilt this year with a bucketload of Lego, some of which I haven’t even built/sorted yet. Yeah, I’ve been totally spoilt. Absolutely and completely.

No, this isn’t my Birthday + Christmas Lego. My birthday is in June the stuff below has been obtained solely in the last two weeks.

Nearly all of this Lego has been obtained by the tried-and-tested technique of me searching up Lego on TradeMe (= NZ Ebay) and buying it for cheap prices. This means that I get sets I like a lot very cheaply the only disadvantage is that it is not much of a surprise, something I am happy to exchange for large quantities of Lego. It also occasionally is missing pieces. However, in all the Lego below I estimate I missed fewer than ten pieces and I have enough to stock it up.

You may know the game Greedy Santa or whatever you call it it has many names as we have implements for destroying Lego knockoffs. (A rock and a concrete floor was my favourite). Instead of 1-2 presents per person (ppp) our family decides to go for a much more liberal about 5 ppp, making for a lot more fun. Furthermore, many of those are actually marginally valuable including Lego. Not one, not two, but three sets of Lego.

I’m well aware the links to images will break in a year’s time I don’t hugely care, as if you really want ‘em search them up yourself. =P I also note the formatting from my Word document has broken - ah well.

- 7305 Scarab Attack

A very nice small little beetle complete with a large number accessories (missing two, though)

- 2518 Nuckal’s ATV

No instructions, so built something else with this. Very useful for spare part.

- 71301 Ketar, Creature of Stone

Wacko G2 Bonkle with an awful colour scheme. Trans Neon Green and TWO shades of brown? Bleugh. Will promptly be disassembled.

And now onto the actual Christmas stuff.

- 6110 Solo Sub

Small petty, but quite nice, submarine.

- 8151 Adrift Sport

Small little racecar. *demolish and sort*

- 8631 Jetpack Pursuit

Interestingly this came with 2x snowspeeder because that’s just one of the perks of TradeMe twice the bricks! Interesting attachment of Agent Chase to the jetpack it’s the usual “torso-attachment,” but has a Technic pin at the back. (

- 8968 River Heist (not worth linking image =P )

Small petty boat only (<25 pieces) more scrap!

- 41560 Mixel Jamzy

Another small little Mixel well worth getting for $8. Only useful thing of note is that its arms are such that it can eat its microphone.

- 41572 Mixel Gobbol

Green! That’s actually a surprisingly rare colour. Another nice Mixel .

- 41568 Mixel Lewt

We didn’t attach the crab claw / other arm, removed the eye stalks and simply called this the “Luggage,” from Discworld. After all, it’s a chest on legs with coins and a tongue inside 

- 42044 Display Team Jet

Amusingly, my sister got this for me and my dad got it for my brother, so collectively we now have two of them. A nice small plane, with a surprising amount of long beams which are currently in short supply here. It’s also got yellow 5-bars, which is unexpected. (New)

Now onto the BIG LEGO STUFF

- 4950 Loader Dozer no picture needed =P

This brings my Loader Dozer count to 4.

- 4980 Tunnel Transport

This brings my Tunnel Transport count to 3.

Other LRR set counts:

Hover Scout 1

Rapid Rider 2

Granite Grinder 2

Chrome Crusher 2

Rock Raider HQ 0 (yes, very sad))

- 8473 Nitro Race Team

This is now our third lot of this set BRICKS! (Well not really bricks, more Technic parts) And tyres too, but we’ve never found much of a use for them.

- 7325 Cursed Cobra Statue

I’ve always wanted Pharaoh’s Quest but have never had the chance to get any of the sets well, now I’ve got three of them! A very nice snake won’t demolish that! and a nice two-seater car, which actually does fit two people providing neither of them has a long hairdo which the girl does. (And as per stock “Lego’s-obligatory-defiance-of-gender-rights” she is holding a gun). (Quite cheap)

- 7326 Rise of the Sphinx

This set is very nice indeed. An antique car that unlike real antique cars, holds together quite nicely. Below the sphinx is the obligatory push-button-to-make-relic-come-flying-out, although it makes the obligatory hidden-loose-wall fall over and the relic merely moves outwards a bit. The sphinx is very nice very decorative. (Cheap)

- 60122 Volcano Crawler

Lego Miners Mk III! The lime green is the same as Power Miners but there’s not nearly as much orange (and no Rock Monsters). Interesting usage of the Glatorian health-piece-or-something-it-had-six-prongs-whatever-it-was as a wheel for the track, which it works surprisingly well at. The pile-driver mechanism is awful the elastic band pulls the weight up, which isn’t how these mechanisms work. A bit of fiddling and grabbing some other bricks and it works as it should. (New)

- 70005 Laval’s Royal Fighter

Chima! Huzzah? Obtained on the ground of “Bricks” and not much else, this is a really weird set. No, not the theme, the set. For starters, its frame/chassis/things to stuff tracks on  is really well reinforced to even my excessive standards. This is offset by the fact that everything else isn’t. That head is attached by two feeble pins and not even the special pins with []==, these pins are the -|- ones.

The “pop-up-cannon” mechanism is what you expect, but it’s actually really well designed. Its execution is awful and it’s more “pop-up-when-it-was-already-visible.”

The head is also beautiful, really. That is, the upper part of the head. Ignoring the control panel, that nose is really nicely done. (Yes, I’m complimenting Chima! :0) . but the lower jaw is absolutely awful.

And in between the works of art of the chassis, head, and pop-up-cannon we have uh nothing. Just two other “space-fillers” and those aren’t even very large.

On the plus side, that frame is FULL of long beams (six of them!) which will be very useful this set has a lot of Technic, surprisingly. (Quite cheap)

- 7020 Heavy Artillery Wagon

The last Viking set I didn’t have! (Aside for the 1-warrior-vs-wolf that’s really small & it’s never popped up on TradeMe anyway). It’s another mechanical projectile launcher, like its brother set 7021 Double Catapult (which we also have, but not in this loot) . And like its brother, it needs a small bit of fiddling to get to work properly and can easily be improved. But it is nevertheless an extremely interesting design. Turn the crank to push the soccer seats down, then they’re released to shoot the projectile.

For starters, following the instruction manual for the HAW meant that it wouldn’t fire at all the “pusher” for the soccer seats was in the wrong spot. I had to do some fiddling to get it to work but now that it does work, it works very nicely. Ten projectiles spat about 80cm in three seconds. :D

Time passes and I spent the next week duplicating a 4x version of that design and am now halfway done rigging it up to a Manas motor (only RC motor we have :( ), as well as onto another Manas-controlled wheeled mount.

Also, the battering ram at the front is very strange. It doesn’t slide out at all it’s fixed. :S (Cheap)

Other, less notable stuff:

- Legoland

- Second copy of Lego Racers 2

- Soccer Mania

- About 600g (± 200g) of various chocolate, some posh (Lindor) and some less posh (Cadbury)

- Four books (meh)

- Toe-capped sandals that appear to be a magnet for grass seeds & burrs

- Hiking whistle, for use when you’ve fallen down a ravine feeling dehydrated

- Vuvuzela

- 25 hours worth of Just a Minute, a BBC radio show

And finally....

.... to replace my laptop with 2 GB RAM and a Vista OS that is ten years old, still functional, and the laptop I used for my final year of High School (that is, 2016)

... a new laptop of my own, for the purposes of advancing into University next year with a decent laptop.

Although "decent" is an understatement.

16 GB RAM, and an i7-6700HQ at 2.6 GHz processor. That is faster than the desktop which I built a little while ago and can't be bothered digging up the thread link for on RRU.

I am so grateful to my parents.

EDIT3: Also got To the Moon from Ace, which I have yet to install or even read the description of the Store Page for l405G.jpg

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.