SpaceMoose

Some of you may recall in the early days of RRU a poster named McSqueaky. Well, many years passed and McSqueaky evolved into a new entity named Space Moose. Recently, I, Space Moose, was trying to extract the files from LEGO Chess and LEGO Racers and remembered this community from long ago. I am happy to see how much RRU has grown in my absence and regret not staying around to contribute.

But I digress. You can pick up my old skins here. I'm not sure if a more stream-lined process for getting them into the game has been developed, so forgive me if my readme instructions seem outdated, these .zip files haven't been modified since August 2009. My old "Extra-Beefy" sound mod is in there too, if you're interested in some better laser, engine, and cave sounds.

I'll probably lurk about here and there and contribute now and then. I still enjoy modding so perhaps I'll try out some of the new tools that you all have been developing!

See you around,

-- Moose (aka McSqueaky)

• Like 1

First of all, welcome back - although I don't recognise you and I daresay you don't recognise me l405G.jpg

I'm not sure if a more stream-lined process for getting them into the game has been developed

Cyrem / High Lord has created Cafeteria, which with a bit more effort on the part of the modder (just lines of "transfer file x to location y in unpacked wads) will result in a nice mod manager, able to enable and disable mods and do everything that a mod manager should. l405G.jpg

Of course, the main issue is getting LRR running on Win10, the main solution of which is 50% luck and 50% grabbing (oddly enough) Lego Island's d3drm.dll and dumping that in the game folder. LRR's included d3drm.dll doesn't actually work. The second issue is stopping the game from crashing, which is 100% luck and 0% grabbing Lego Island's d3drm.dll l405G.jpg

Also worth noting is that RRU has its own uploader now: https://www.rockraidersunited.com/files/ which has the distinct advantage of not breaking links over time (ever tried digging up the High Poly mods from long ago?) and the distinct disadvantage of squabbles over the sorting scheme. l405G.jpg

EDIT: Post screwed up

• Like 1

Welcome back. Lots of things have changed as aidenpons mentioned, but a lot has stayed the same. We've moved the group chat away from Skype and onto Discord, so let me know if you want an invite.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.