Can't launch game

ReflectedMantis

ReflectedMantis

I got a new computer because my old one randomly stopped last week. I still haven't gotten it working again, which stinks because I was actually getting ready to post a mod. (why did I have to explain that?)

So, I installed my lego racers on the new computer. But when I try to open it, it says "Unable to open the video file: Imicmp.avi" I tried running it in Windows XP Service pack 2, like I usually do when I have problems, but this time it didn't work. I tried setting it to earlier versions of windows all the way to Windows 95. Running it as administrator didn't work either. I have never had this kind of problem before for the 6-7 years I've had the game. What can I do? I am currently running Windows 7 and have the 1999 version of the game (I only know that because the 2001 cheat engine table doesn't work with it).

This isn't a true "fix" for the problem, but try adding -novideo to the end of a shortcut to the game's exe, like this:

DxRIS56.png

It should bypass attempting to play that file entirely.

(Side note: For anybody who might be curious, the desktop background is this, there's more here)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.