Cyrem

Map Tool 1.2

This was something that was brought up by Baz as a tool he would like, so I made it. Basically this tool allows you to edit any map file in a more easier environment. This tool is like a extremely stripped down version of the level editor with a console. Using this tool you can open a map file and for every tile it will show a box and a decimal for every tile. You can change the value by clicking on the boxes etc... It's like a visual HEX editor for RR maps. If you don't yet understand, this tool probably isn't for you.

Features:

- Custom Marking Legends can be loaded to assist in make maps easier to edit.

- Tile Marking (Mark tiles with a colour: yellow, red, blue, green or custom)

- Create New blank maps.

- Open and Export maps.

- Console style menu.

How to Use:

Ok when you start the program you will be presented with the console. Type '/showhelp' and it will show more console commands. Next type '/showcontrols' this will show the keyboard hot keys. You can open and close the console any time by pressing [CTRL]+[sHIFT]+[c]. Next if you want to open a file press [CTRL] + [O] and open a map. Now the that map is opened you can edit the values. Each value can mean something different e.g. '3' is a slimey slug hole if the map is used as the dugg map. When you need to export press [CTRL]+[E]. As I said ealier, if you don't understand what I am talking about, this tool is not for you.

Change log:

Spoiler

v1.2

- [NEW] Load custom Marking Legends with [CTRL] + [Z]

- [NEW] Remove custom Marking Legends with [CTRL] + [X]

- [REM] State saving and loading has been removed.

v1.1

- [CHG] Values now limited up to 64

- [CHG] 'Mark > White' changed to 'Mark > Green'

- [CHG] Tool tips appear faster

- [NEW] 'Un-Mark' added to right-click menu

- [NEW] 'Mark > Custom COlour...' added to right-click menu

- [NEW] X and Y block position added to tooltip.

- [NEW] <space> now shows and hides number values

v1.0

- N/A (First Release)

Download (Version 1.2)

Custom Map Legend Files

Note these *.ini files MUST go into the same directory as the MAPTool. Then load them by pressing [CTRL] + [Z] when you have imported a map.

Edited by Slimy Slug

Nice, when did you release 1.2? lol.

Anyway, the zip here is also corrupt for some reason. I thing somethings wrong with my browser.

Back in July. Yes you will need to re-download it.

Of course i have tried redownloading. I also just tried doing it in ff and ie. Same, it is corrupt.

It may be my modem's fault since my modem has been screwing up these past few days.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.