Unable to Start Rock Raiders on Win8 or WinXP VM

Tyadran

Hello, all -

After spending the better part of yesterday attempting to get LEGO Rock Raiders to work on either Windows 8 or an XP virtual machine, I'm looking for any advice in getting it running.

On 8, attempting to run the game has it appear on Task Manager for a couple of seconds before disappearing.

On XP, attempting to run the game shows the loading screen, then shortly after closing gives me a 'stopped working' message, asking whether to send an error report. This is after following the tutorial on setting up the VM for Win10, running on VirtualBox.

Both of these occur regardless of where I try to run the game from - disc, manual install, or desktop icons.

The disc itself appears to be in reasonable condition as far as I'm aware.

If someone with more experience than me has any suggestions on what else to try, I would very much appreciate them.

Thanks,

~Tya

• 1 year later...

This topic may be over a year old, but I see you're following it and it was never addressed.

Are you still having this issue? I'd recommend maybe trying dgVoodoo. Extract the files from the MS folder into your LRR install directory and try running the game.

I'll have to give it a try once I have a chance. I've gotten a new laptop in the meantime and haven't yet tried running Rock Raiders on it, but don't have the disc with me right now.

I'll try it as soon as I get a chance and let you know if I'm still having issues.

Thanks for replying btw, I'd basically given up if someone didn't give me some suggestions.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tyadran said:

I'll have to give it a try once I have a chance. I've gotten a new laptop in the meantime and haven't yet tried running Rock Raiders on it, but don't have the disc with me right now.

I'll try it as soon as I get a chance and let you know if I'm still having issues.

Thanks for replying btw, I'd basically given up if someone didn't give me some suggestions.

No problem mate, let me know how you go. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.