LDD Glitch

ChileToast

So I was working with LDD today, the latest version, tried moving a part, and this happened:

large.5802f016d4a77_LDDglitch.PNG

As you can see by the outline, it was a 12x24 brick. Anyway, the app froze, and I had to force close it. (LDD is not responding.. etc.) :S  Has anyone else encountered anything like this before?

• Like 2

I have not encountered that particular effect but the program went bonkles when I tried to run it over a remote desktop connection.

Also any time I've tried to do anything with the flex tool ever 

1 hour ago, RRChief said:

Never seen it glitch out that badly before, that deformed brick though. xD

Could it be limited to the non-extended mode of LDD?

No clue. I've never used anything other than the standard build mode before.

I had this problem of pieces suddenly having weird geometries several times, but I can't remember, if there is any pattern (e.g only big pieces).

The first time, when I encountered the geometry thing, I also had crashes/ couldn't save stuff, although the crash thing disappeared in a newer LDD version. I hope, that it didn't return in the latest version (I haven't tested it yet).

P.S.: I only use the extended mode of LDD

Update: I checked one* of my lxf files (file format of LDD) and almost every brick geometry was broken. Exception: When I select every brick and move them around, the model looks normal. I had the issue also after the update (version 4.3.10), but I think, that it was in version 4.3.9 that case.

In my case I found a workaround: Turning the brick outlines off. Mabye this or changing another graphics setting will help you.

*the L.M.S. Explorer bridge

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.