OctoBlitz: The Rock Raiders Review (both PC and Playstation)

OctoBlitz

Hello everyone!

My name is Octo, and I am a new member to this community page.

As of recently, I have had the idea for a "Jontron clone" for a YouTube channel and I am getting ready to submit my first video for YouTube. This reason why I am making this post is not only to introduce myself to everyone, but to ask for help in creating a script for one of my favorite (and most likely your) favorite games. What I am doing for this Rock Raiders review is reviewing both the PS1 and PC versions of the game while giving a lesson to my potential viewers on a seemingly obscure game and fanbase to hopefully get them to try this game out for themselves! in the coming weeks I will update this post with versions of the script as well as many updates with the video. Only thing I need you guys to do is lead me into a direction where the video needs to go to finish it for the final video!

Thanks for reading,

~ Octo :3

• Like 2

Yeah, NTSC and PAL have entirely (or at least majorly?) different levels and some differences in other things - they're more or less two separate games, at least they probably should be considered as such when doing a review. The PAL game is the better (more finished) one. Here's the story behind it:

http://dupchurch.com/?portfolio=lego-rock-raiders-ps1

Oh, sorry about the blank quote, I meant to quote the pal version from Terrev's comment. Anyways, I will be covering the Pal Version of Rock Raiders for PS1 however I am going to need to spend more time on the PC version since I grew up playing that and not knowing that the PS1 version existed...

4 hours ago, OctoBlitz said:

however I am going to need to spend more time on the PC version since I grew up playing that and not knowing that the PS1 version existed

shouldn't it be the other way around to familiarize yourself with the PS1 version more?

23 hours ago, Ringtail said:

shouldn't it be the other way around to familiarize yourself with the PS1 version more?

True... Then I think I should cover them both equally and familiarize myself with every version

(who knows, i may talk about mods from here as well)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.