Trial by Tahu (Bionicle Short Film)

emily

Pretty cool! I hadn't seen the whole animation, and I have to say it's a pretty cool and well done episode. :) I'd rather watch this than most shows on Cartoon Network, to be honest. :P

• lol username featured this topic
6 minutes ago, Terrev said:

There's a gif of Tahu(?) giving a thumbs up I'd post here but I can't find it

Anyway IT GOOD

I showed you that gif you fluffy nerd

tumblr_ocfvafHctG1tynulzo1_1280.gif

Once again, Pereki delivers. This truly felt like something straight out of MNOG and the other Templar animations. The music was great (Kudos Shadowblaze!), the original designs and assets were spot on, and the story flowed perfectly, as well as being very solid as a standalone video. And Pohatu... Is fine.

After Bionicle was confirmed to be cancelled, I went back and played through MNOG, and I needed to see something like this. Great work.

• Like 3

1) How does Tahu use his mask powers? They're still all at the Suva.

2) I recall the Suva gobbled up the masks, so why are they all still there on the side?

3) Ta-Koro looks like its bridge is down, but Tahu's just about to cross/has crossed/is somewhere near the bridge

/nitpick

Cliche, I have to say - but granted, I can't expect much less. I have very, very picky tastes in all forms of literature. And the cliche isn't bad or overdone, it's just a case of "I can see the whole plot before me by three minutes in" and "I can see where this specific scene is going." Still, that's not bad, and probably TVTropes beginning to grow on me. l405G.jpg

Music and animation itself are both nicely done in the MNOG style - well done Shadowblaze and Pereki!

It's quite nice... Unfortunately I can't appreciate the difficulty of animating 17min in 3 months l405G.jpg Looks shiny, and I did enjoy it.

(Well, you did ask me what I thought...)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aidenpons said:

1) How does Tahu use his mask powers? They're still all at the Suva.

2) I recall the Suva gobbled up the masks, so why are they all still there on the side?

3) Ta-Koro looks like its bridge is down, but Tahu's just about to cross/has crossed/is somewhere near the bridge

Once the Toa finds a mask, its 'home' becomes the Suva and it comes and goes from there whenever the Toa summons it.

The whole 'the masks are gobbled up to produce the gold mask' thing was a Hapka descision, from when she wrote the books in 2003. It contradicts stuff from 01 that she wasn't aware of.  Originally the six masks just unlocked the chamber with the golden mask, as you see in this.

The bridge may not be there a few times it should be, yeah, heh.

Thanks!

We had mock English exams today.

I may... or may not... have spent about half my Visual Text essay ranting about Trial by Tahu

including the obligatory statements such as "the animator's purpose is to blahblahblah discrimination is bad blahblahblah friendship is good blahblahblah"

Mostly it revolved - may have revolved -  around Tahu dealing with personal problems which we all face and how humans are incompetent and how Barnacle Bonkle Bionicle is somehow realistic with a hasty addendum saying that it's because we can relate to the characters...

When I get my marks and my transcript back I'll have to scan it to you l405G.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well well well.

I got an M6 for my exam. That's basically the equivalent of a B+. Which is pretty good for mock exams and considering the fact I spent almost no time revising it (my attention was drawn towards our written text).

My teacher commented "Is it Level 3;" that is, is it a high enough complexity to warrant being an intertextual connection? To which my answer would have been "anything is, if you're prepared to argue about it" but she was... rather annoyed with the whole affair.

It doesn't help that I have a track record for being rather annoying with English in general - last year's speech was "Why our selection of speech topics is restricted" (passed) and I tried to get a Reading Response done on an RTS (blocked).

I apologise for the poor quality - I'm not allowed to take my transcript home or scan it. I am, however, allowed to copy it, take the copy back home, and scan that.... which of course is rather bad quality by then with the margins cut off (which I scribbled in a lot and tried to fill in some later). It's in .pdf format - I can probably convert it to .PNG if you want it so badly.

Oh well, here it is:

http://oresome.rockraidersunited.com/download/393

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.