Startup issues with Lego Rock Raiders (PC)

VenserFencer

VenserFencer

As a fan of Lego Rock Raiders, it was only a matter of time before I got the PC game to play. However, I have not been able to launch up the game, and I wonder if I'm missing a step in the set-up process (it's not exactly clearly labeled). I've tried launching LegoRR.exe in Compatibility mode for 98/ME, 2000, and XP, as well as with 256 colors, and when I launch it the screen goes black momentarily and then crashes. I wanted to ask anyone who has actually launched the game the best way for me to proceed. My computer specs are listed below for convenience. Thanks for all of the help.

• Display
    S27C230
  • CPU
    Intel Core i3-4160
  • Motherboard
    Dell 088DT1
  • RAM
    8 GB
  • Graphics Card
    Intel HD Graphics 4400
  • Storage
    919 GB
  • OS
    Windows 7 Professional  

Good, you're not running a Windows 10 and you don't have a Radeon. That's two big problems gone. :D

Try running LRR in windowed mode:

The set-up process is basically "run setup.exe." It's possible that something went wrong.

Do you have:

- a Data folder

- a file named LegoRR1.wad

- a file named LegoRR0.wad

- and what size is your LegoRR.icd file?

Try running LRR without the disk, if that's possible. If it isn't:

http://oresome.rockraidersunited.com/download/233

Download that and replace your LegoRR1.wad file with that. All it does is enable debug keys (for fun) and stop the videos from playing (which may be causing your game to crash).

VenserFencer

Thanks for your help. I do have a Data folder, but I can't find anything called LegoRR1.wad or LegoRR0.wad, and my LegoRR.icd is 720 kb.

Fluffy Cupcake

No wads? (and I assume you haven't extracted them), that's rather odd. Those hold all of the game's content.

VenserFencer

It is odd. That might be why nothing happens when I launch it, though I have no idea how that would happen.

VenserFencer

My RR Root folder looks the same, but I'm missing a ton of folders in my Data folder, which sounds like an installation problem. On the plus side, I did find my LegoRR0.wad and LegoRR1.wad files.

Edit- I tried reinstalling  with Setup.exe and nothing changed.

On 2/08/2016 at 7:37 AM, VenserFencer said:

My RR Root folder looks the same, but I'm missing a ton of folders in my Data folder, which sounds like an installation problem. On the plus side, I did find my LegoRR0.wad and LegoRR1.wad files.

Edit- I tried reinstalling  with Setup.exe and nothing changed.

:S

Try installing the game via this method:

and maybe you might get somewhere?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.