Lego Racers 2 model CONVERTER

Quake

Hello,

I've been fiddling around with the Unity engine again after about 2 years, and I've found myself to be in need of the LR2 models.

I've seen the model and skeleton viewer, but what I'm looking for is something that can turn the .MD2 files to something like .3DS. Also, I'm pretty sure other people are wanting one of these tools. is there any way to convert this .MD2 to .3DS?

Cheers.

At the time of this writing, there isn´t a converter for those two particular file formats available on this forum. However, the models may appear in the uploader Oresome in a not-so-distant future, if everything goes as planned.

I hope so, as I've been using LDD and LeoCAD to convert lego models to .obj's, the problem is though, that the Normals are flipped randomly, which means that the faces don't show correctly in-game.

Fluffy Cupcake

Just  use a 3d program like Blender to flip the normal then. Not too hard right?

If you can't wait for someone else to upload the LR2 models, just use Ninja Ripper on Will's LR2 Model Viewer.

1 hour ago, Xiron said:

Just  use a 3d program like Blender to flip the normal then. Not too hard right?

If you can't wait for someone else to upload the LR2 models, just use Ninja Ripper on Will's LR2 Model Viewer.

Well, I'm currently using Blender for the normal flipping.

The problem being, though, is that on some parts of bricks, the normals are reversed, and on some parts they are not. e.g a lego tire, the left half has a part that's flipped wrong, and the rest is okay, this makes me need to find every wrong normal and flip it by hand. A simple Rocket Racer car took me about 2 hours to do this.

Thanks for the suggestion about Ninja Ripper, I'll be trying that soon.

Update: The Ripped models seem to have the UV maps messed up, I'll have to fix those.

38 minutes ago, tomfyhr said:

Have you tried flipping the textures?

Yup, doesn't seem to work as the UV maps on the XALAX chassis are messed up. other cars work fine though....

Update, Flipping and negative scaling the UV maps works, thanks!

• 2 years later...

Sorry for the bump, but is there any good news on a model converter? Or any other way to get a model into Blender.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.