Interesting LEGO Star Wars hidden characters

RampantLeaf

RampantLeaf

I recently got the PC version of LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga after having played it on Wii for many years, so I've decided to do some file sifting and minor modding to have some fun. (thanks McJobless for your guide!)

Anyway, after loading a whole bunch of cutscene-only characters in the Negotiation level at the beginning of the game, I decided to look in the CHARS\CHARS.txt file for some more characters to insert. Interestingly, among other things that you guys may have already found, I found... 

• the curtain from Jabba's Palace, which I noticed made noises when punched in the level
  • the baby versions of Anakin and Padmé, which floated, to my amusement
  • Luke Skywalker "pyjamas" variant, which turned out to just be Luke from the end Episode 5 cutscene
  • "Duvet", an odd translucent blanket that's arched at the end like someone is in it. I'm assuming this is from the scene where Padme is in the medical room 

...among other things. I also found some crude words mentioned in some of the code, probably for dummy or placeholder text, such as b00b, t!t and poop.

But the strangest character I found was this...

201607032206331.jpg

201607032206441.jpg

He floats a bit above the ground, has hands but no body, a grey beard and bushy eyebrows and odd eyes. His file name is "SanSweet" and he's under "////extras", possibly named after Steve Sansweet, who owns the largest collection of Star Wars memorabilia. His picture is below:

Sansweet.jpg

It looks like he could have been a planned playable character for the game. Although he has a huge and tall collision box and no animations, his folder curiously is full of files, many for standard animation files. He also has a few files beginning with "GHOSTBENKENOBI", hinting at who his base character was. If anyone's interested in taking a closer look, go ahead! Just posting because I hadn't seen any mentioning of it here yet.

• 9 months later...

Were you able to extract the entire GAME.dat archive?  If so how were you able to do it?

Quickbms always crashes around levels/newbonus/nbdagobah for me.

RampantLeaf

Hey, Dolphin-1. It's been awhile since I've done this, so I don't really remember what I did. I may have used the QuickBMS method. Which BMS script are you using? 

I'll keep searching around my hard drive to see if I still have whatever files I used to decompress the DAT files.

EDIT: I just found my old working folder, and it turns out I did use the ttgames.bms method. Have you tried reinstalling your game? Not sure if it'd help, but it might be worth a shot.

I'm using quickbms 8.0 (newest version) and i'm also using the latest version of the script (script 0.9.7).  I've installed the game several times but  to no avail.

I tried using older script versions and I even tried game extractor but I cant get that to work either.

• 3 weeks later...

How did you open them? I have seen that there is also some kind of unreleased levels in the first game, with boga and palpatine fight, did someone found them?

• 1 month later...
On 7/3/2016 at 8:47 PM, RampantLeaf said:

I recently got the PC version of LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga after having played it on Wii for many years, so I've decided to do some file sifting and minor modding to have some fun. (thanks McJobless for your guide!)

Anyway, after loading a whole bunch of cutscene-only characters in the Negotiation level at the beginning of the game, I decided to look in the CHARS\CHARS.txt file for some more characters to insert. Interestingly, among other things that you guys may have already found, I found... 

• the curtain from Jabba's Palace, which I noticed made noises when punched in the level
  • the baby versions of Anakin and Padmé, which floated, to my amusement
  • Luke Skywalker "pyjamas" variant, which turned out to just be Luke from the end Episode 5 cutscene
  • "Duvet", an odd translucent blanket that's arched at the end like someone is in it. I'm assuming this is from the scene where Padme is in the medical room 

...among other things. I also found some crude words mentioned in some of the code, probably for dummy or placeholder text, such as b00b, t!t and poop.

But the strangest character I found was this...

201607032206331.jpg

201607032206441.jpg

He floats a bit above the ground, has hands but no body, a grey beard and bushy eyebrows and odd eyes. His file name is "SanSweet" and he's under "////extras", possibly named after Steve Sansweet, who owns the largest collection of Star Wars memorabilia. His picture is below:

Sansweet.jpg

It looks like he could have been a planned playable character for the game. Although he has a huge and tall collision box and no animations, his folder curiously is full of files, many for standard animation files. He also has a few files beginning with "GHOSTBENKENOBI", hinting at who his base character was. If anyone's interested in taking a closer look, go ahead! Just posting because I hadn't seen any mentioning of it here yet.

I opened him up in noesis and this is what he's supposed to look like with a body. Nice find, RampantLeaf!

Yd0TwYJ.png

• 4 months later...
RampantLeaf

Hey guys. I forgot about this post, so sorry I haven't responded to anything.

On 3/12/2018 at 4:57 PM, sinftw said:

I opened him up in noesis and this is what he's supposed to look like with a body. Nice find, RampantLeaf!

Yd0TwYJ.png

That's awesome! Cool to see his full model with instead of just being a floating face. The nose is interesting since Minifigures typically don't have those.

On 1/30/2018 at 9:29 AM, Ajax said:

How did you open them? I have seen that there is also some kind of unreleased levels in the first game, with boga and palpatine fight, did someone found them?

I don't have the game installed anymore so I can't give you specifics, but from what I can remember, I changed the level configuration file for the first level. I was able to replace the parts that tell the game which characters to load in story mode with names from a character list from a different file. Then all I'd have to do is just play that level in story mode. As for those unused levels, I know nothing about them, but I might take another look when I get the chance.

On 3/12/2018 at 8:57 PM, sinftw said:

Yd0TwYJ.png

Do you use a plug-in to open with noesis? Can you share?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2018 at 6:07 AM, Ajax said:

Do you use a plug-in to open with noesis? Can you share?

Yeah it's in this thread:

I forgot exactly how I made it a script for noesis but it probably is explained in the thread or through a quick google search.

18 hours ago, sinftw said:

Yeah it's in this thread:

I forgot exactly how I made it a script for noesis but it probably is explained in the thread or through a quick google search.

Thank you 

I opened them and found some interesting contents, zam droid is not the one from the cutscenes, maybe it's a prototype from the first lsw. Boga prototype is also included. And I found also a ship called "bombtow" I really don't know where is it from...

• 6 months later...
On 8/8/2018 at 6:24 AM, Ajax said:

I opened them and found some interesting contents, zam droid is not the one from the cutscenes, maybe it's a prototype from the first lsw. Boga prototype is also included. And I found also a ship called "bombtow" I really don't know where is it from...

I was actually wondering this myself earlier. Thanks to the wonderful folk over at the Lego Star Wars subreddit, I figured out that it's the ships from Bounty Hunter Pursuit that carry around proton torpedoes. I wasn't able to figure out if they have any canonical name or presence in Star Wars though.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.