Request: LRR Sound Effect/Voice Clip Downloads?

DoubleBro7

DoubleBro7

So, first off, terribly sorry if someone's already asked for this or if I am in any way making an otherwise redundant post.

Anyhoo, I really wanted to get a sound file of the teleporter noise from LRR that I could use as/convert into a notification tone for my phone. Unfortunately, I do not have access to my copy of Rock Raiders, (if, indeed, it is still around - which I am not very hopeful of,) nor would I even have access to any kind of device that would allow me to use any kind of bootleg installer/torrent/whatever. So any help in getting or finding a download link for that (though, believe me; I did a lot of web-surfing) would be fantastic.

As Leia Organa once put it:

"Help me, Rock Raiders United; you are my only hope."*

*(Pretty please.)

Thanks!

DoubleBro7

Wow, I'm stupid... Derp.

...Although, I was more thinking about the one where everything teleports up once you finish a mission. But to be clear, I really appreciate this.

Thanks again, everyone!

Edited by DoubleBro7
Added request to a new topic in the Racers forum due to it being more relevant there

DoubleBro7

Appreciated - thanks for dealing with my n00bish forum decorum, and regardless of the Racers sfx, you are the BEST for showing me the link to the LRR sound I wanted. Sorry to have nitpicked, but, I can at least give you the knowledge that getting this sound file has made my day, and brought a dumb ear-to-ear grin to my face.

While you did say I don't have to, now that I got the LRR files I wanted, would it better for me to edit out the Racers parts of this topic and reinsert them into a new topic on the proper forum, (where perhaps it will garner the attention of those more able to fulfill the request,)* or, would that be a waste of the sites' server space?

Basically, how likely is it that the sorts of Racers fans from the game's forums here will see my request given that it's within the LRR forum... under a topic that... doesn't... mention... Racers...

Um, never mind, I think I answered my own question. lol

Thanks again!

* Addendum: While making the Racers forum topic, I realized that the last part of my message there applied equally to the Rock Raiders & Alpha Team communities here. I was always fondest of LRR, so I thought I ought to share my thoughts as inspiration to the creators and supporters of this community - especially both the makers of the debugging/overhauling mods and to any/all of those who may yet still be fighting the good fight to release the game's rights. (If that's still a thing? I think it is?) Anyhoo, I'll stop blabbing. Here's what I said: * 

"Thanks so much for being awesome, and for keeping these games alive. I can only hope that I can still find your efforts here once I finally can play these games again. I dearly want for have these games - Rock Raiders, Racers, & Alpha Team - to become parent-child memories for my own kids that are just as happy for them as the ones me & my dad have from when we played them together as I sat on his lap."

Edited by DoubleBro7
Message to this community that I wanted to add... just because.
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.