Display / Resolution Scaling

mpc007

Hi,

First post here! Consider myself a big fan of the RR series, never earned the sets but had the game and was absolutely addicted to it. Even my parents played it, was 9 years old back then and my father even had to buy a new graphics card to let it run :D 

So now these days are behind me, unfortunately. However, every few years things start itching again and I want to play. Like now. Unfortunately, things get harder as long as technologoy and Windows keep progressing.. First I tried to install it directly on W10, but that gave me horrible FPS. Like 1-3 frames per second, it was not doable. So I followed up and got VirtualBox, and after some tuning game did start there as well. But now I have a resolution problem, since it automatically goes to 640x480 and I have a Full HD monitor so its a very small window and I dont want to play like that. However, when I stretch the windows of the Win XP VM screen goes black on RR. So, what resolution / scaling tricks can I pull to get the 640x480 fullscreen / windowless? I understand small borders will stay because FUll HD is widescreen, but i dont care..

Please advise :)

Hm yeah. found a way to make it sort of work. Put Win 10 to 800x600, start VM Win XP, Put that to 800x600 as well, Make it fullscreen (with black bars left and right of course), and then start RR. That way it has the biggest size as possible and no borders or visible windows. You have to do in this order, otherwise RR starts windowed and when you move it, it starts giving the black screen.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.