Pls help me play this game!

CLOMPSR

So, Ive found my old Lego Rock Raiders disc, and remembered how much I loved this game, however, after I install the game, it tells me if it could make changes to my computer, loads for a small bit, then just does nothing, Ive already tried compatibility mode, and tweaked various other settings, including trying to run as administrator, but nothing is working! Im currently running windows 10, and ive heard many others are having this problem, ive got nowhere else to turn to, can someone help me? If there are any questions needed to be answered to help me, please, dont be afraid to ask.

3 hours ago, CLOMPSR said:

Im currently running windows 10

there's your problem

Given that it's not working on startup, there's only one thing to do:

Install an XP virtual machine on your computer and run it from there.

It's literally the only thing you can do (unless you're Xiron, who's a freak l405G.jpg).

Fluffy Cupcake
15 minutes ago, aidenpons said:

unless you're Xiron, who's a freak

I feel honoured to have even been mentioned.

"Don't go around Xiron" they said, "he must be demon possessed" they said, "cast him out" they said.

• Like 3

I'm managing to play it on windows 10. Try running it in 16-bit windowed mode.

Also, have you tried extracting the data1.cab/data.cab folder on your disc? There's a sticky giving some great advice regarding that.

Fluffy Cupcake

I should of said it when I posted the first time, but what got RRs working on W10 for me with little problems was to run it in WINDOWED mode.

I don't know how that helped, but anything other close results had either lag or didn't work at all.

I don't recall much of what else I did, but windowing certainly was a key factor.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.