Johnny Thunder the Ex-Army Officer (and much, much more)

emily

So if you recall, Brickset started their own repository of LEGO catalogs a little while ago. I made the mistake of assuming there wouldn't be much new to see in the new ones they uploaded. Turns out I was wrong. 

All this stuff is from their uploads of the large UK catalogs. There may well be more stuff in there I haven't come across yet.

• Just look through pages 28 - 47. The whole Max Timebuster chase in English. Note that the first page of it has a diorama that actually included three Max Timebusters, so they photoshopped two of them to be different.

So yeah, lots of fun stuff.

Edit: oh yeah, almost forgot these guys. Nothing completely new but slightly different from what we've seen before.

lol username

Geeeez. Lots of fun stuff in here. The bit about Johnny/Sam is especially interesting, given one of the DK books (forgot which, but I think it was one of the more solid/less screwy ones) said Baron von Barron was a former army general. If they got that from a solid source it could make for some interesting possible implied history between the two. I'll take a more solid look through everything when I'm not using a phone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I seem to remember reading the "ex-army" bit (I'd thought that was a given way back when, as it seemed like the theme was post WWI, but I know we have an earlier date now).  But I like that we finally have an explanation for the two different Insectoids backgrounds--I always suspected they weren't mutally exclusive!

TC

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.